No announcement yet.

Selfbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just so you know I've broken two bows trying to bend them with dry heat...hope your steam works out better for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
      And just so you know I've broken two bows trying to bend them with dry heat...hope your steam works out better for you.
      I'm crossing my fingers.... I still got scars from all the blisters this thing has given me.

Comment

This is a cool thread. When I get up to my place in Missouri later this year I'm going to try to find me a good bodark tree or two and bring home some wood.

Comment

If your in texas you could always ask around ..somebody might be happy to get rid of theirs.

Comment

Of course I'm in Texas. I just own some land their as well as have friends there with land. Up there it's a common wood. Just gets used for fence corners a lot so bigger ones, as well as straight ones, can be harder to come by. It has always been an intimidating process to me but being semi retired I have a little more time to invest in failure . . .

Comment

Lmbo...dang ...already thinking of failing...no..osage gives you a good chance to get a shooter right out of the gate my friend

Comment

Well I've never done one, or even attempted so . . .

Comment

It's not sorcery..though some might think it is...it ain't makin pankacakes either though...lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
                    It's not sorcery..though some might think it is...it ain't makin pankacakes either though...lol
                    Yep... all you gotta do is remove wood. Pretty simple concept really

Comment

“In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it.” ~Michelangelo.

I'm guessing the same can be said for "every stave of wood".

Comment

Took more meat off it today

Had a scare moment when I was working around the handle/fades. Need to remember to switch to the rasp inside there.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          Took more meat off it today

Had a scare moment when I was working around the handle/fades. Need to remember to switch to the rasp inside there.
                          That has been my downfall, staying too aggressive!

Looking good!!!

Comment

Look in pretty good man...how is she bending ...or are you just making her look pretty? Lol

Comment

She is floor tillering at this point. Got to steam bend again now that it's a little lighter on wood now.

Comment

Gotta post some bending pics too...pics all the way bud !!

Comment

Working...
                                X