New arrow problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Destry View Post
    Here are some better measurements I used the tape on my arrow saw which is there for reference my arrows are 28 3/8" and at full draw I have 3 1/2" of arrow (not including insert and point) past the shelf. I hope that makes more sense
    I just ran your info thru calculator and it looks like your arrows will need to be cut to 27". It sounds like you have room, good luck!!!

Comment

Kinda amazing what 20 grains less/more will do, huh? One thing I didn't mention before is that any tuning issues will be magnified at longer distances, which is why I'll pay attention to my flight at those farther distances. Now, I AM NOT SAYING YOU NEED TO START DOING THAT! I would continue developing a good "shot cycle" shootin at the closer distance, only moving back when you're real comfortable from that closer distance. Also move back in small increments, ie, from 12 to 15, from 15 to 17...you get the picture. Also keep in mind I'm not saying you need to eventually become a crack shot at 30+ yds with a trad bow. All I'm sayin is shootin from a little further distance (when you're ready) will show you things you wouldn't have noticed shootin the close distance shots with the arrow arriving at the target so quickly. With ALL this being said, I like my shots at critters to be inside of 20 yds if I had my druthers Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
        I brought an old post to the top for you.

Thank you. And thanks to all others for your input

Comment

Working...
        X