looking to get into traditional hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks brother.

Since I am incorrigible, I will give you one last piece of advice.

Don't buy a bow from anyone who is trying to sell you a bow, especially if it costs north of $300 or or pulls north of 50#.

While I haven't owned a Samick Sage, I have seen SwampRabbit and Slayer shoot, and it sure worked for them. I would do that.

Shoot that bow like an oil change. 3000 shots, or 3 months, whichever comes LAST.

After that, you will ask questions like "It does this and I like it, but it also does this, and I don't like that. What should I buy now?"

Then we can help by steering you to a good longbow. :-)

Or, more likely, you will have figured out what you want next for yourself and will launch on the elusive quest for the perfect bow like the rest of us.

Comment

Alright. So, I've always been the type to over do it when starting something new. But, this time, I'm gonna take yalls advice. I'm gonna start with a 40# Samick and shoot a lot. But, after my first day of shooting, if I'm not drilling 1" groups at 50 yds and blowing through 2 pigs at 30 yds......I'm coming after you guys!!!!

Thanks for all the good advice. Can't wait to get started

Comment

Samick is a good starter, I like mine (45#) and I'm still startin'. bought a Sarrels Superstition at 42# and love it too...my poor Elite Synergy is just collecting dust. Wish I had shot more trad bows before giving thousands aways for all my wheel bows and gear...

Comment

Originally posted by bmc09 View Post
          Alright. So, I've always been the type to over do it when starting something new. But, this time, I'm gonna take yalls advice. I'm gonna start with a 40# Samick and shoot a lot. But, after my first day of shooting, if I'm not drilling 1" groups at 50 yds and blowing through 2 pigs at 30 yds......I'm coming after you guys!!!!

Thanks for all the good advice. Can't wait to get started
          I'm pretty sure you are kidding here, but you did not include a smiley face, so........If you are indeed expecting that, you might as well just stick with your wheel bow!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
            Samick is a good starter, I like mine (45#) and I'm still startin'. bought a Sarrels Superstition at 42# and love it too...my poor Elite Synergy is just collecting dust. Wish I had shot more trad bows before giving thousands aways for all my wheel bows and gear...
            I have not pulled my Mission Venture out of the closet in well over a year. I have killed a hog, some rabbits, a deer, and recently a ram since then with traditional gear.... I don't see that thing getting much use any time soon. I am happy I didn't buy the top of the end bow back then. I bought the most economical one. I did the same when buying the sage really.

Comment

My two cents if you have a little extra cash take a trip to bob sarrels place spend the day shoot his bows pic you one out that shoots straight for you . Pay the man and leave with some thing you can learn with and hunt with for a long time to come .

Comment

I like where your heads at, Bud.....
                Can I borrow about $800??

Comment

Lol I just spent a little over that with him bmc09 haha . Sorry can't help on that one rite now .

Comment

I sure enjoy your wry sense of humor, Bron.

I've only been here a week or so myself.

Great bunch of men here. Very kind. Very helpful.

I sure hope you follow through and buy a bow, because you make me smile.

I like to smile. :-)

As they said to me, "Welcome to the campfire!

Joe

Comment

Fully plan on it, sir. I've been thinking about it for a few years, and I think it's time. And, I agree. TBH is a great resource, loaded with lots of good people.

Comment

Working...
                      X