No announcement yet.

Hunt while sitting/standing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently only hunt from ground blinds and tripods so it is all sitting for me - do most of my practicing that way too. I once hunted out of a ground blind that was tall enough to shoot while standing and I really liked it. May have to build one of those.

Comment

Sitting, both ground blind and tree stand. Less movement that way.

Matt

Comment

I will shoot both ways. I practice both ways also! Sometimes the extra movement of standing up in the stand when there are several sets of eyes is not a good idea. Practice shooting from a chair and you shouldn't have any problem.

Comment

well I'm right handed so i have about 145 degrees of possible shooting area and i usually sit too. But the does were in that 45 degrees that i would have had to turn to get them. so i just tried to slowly stand and pivot. but that darn safety strap.

Comment

Sitting here!

Bisch

Comment

Most of the time sitting and I do practice for it. But I do prefer standing and I also don't like being higher then 12', I don't care for the look at that angle and typically I can't shoot close when high due to the length of my bows and my form

Comment

Working...
              X