No announcement yet.

Ground blind or tree stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you built a porch!! lol now just build a house around that and you got all year hunting!!

Comment

I also hunt a similar low area where the wind swirls and deer come from all directions. I eventually determined that I could not hunt there without getting busted and continually educating the deer. I moved my stand about 50 yards away from the trail crossroads where the wind wasn't so swirly and things improved. A natural ground blind was also more productive. Overall I got a few less shot opportunities but I wasn't getting busted due to scent.

I think deer frequent those swirling wind locations because they feel safe. Nothing is sneaking up on them when the breeze comes from every direction.

Comment

More pics to come later

Last edited by devalke; 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Tree,
          You can see em come in and better scent contol

Comment

I've had good luck in treestands and swirling winds but the treestand needs to be high, no lower than 16 feet. Only bad thing with that is your shot angle will be fairly steep.

Comment

I choose to hunt exclusively from a ground blind and cant remember a time i got winded to the point they run off. I seal all windows but one and spray doe urine in the blind every 30 min or so. I use to get winded a lot when i use to hunt in a treestand. I literally have had deer on several ocassions 2 yds from my blind.

Comment

Working...
              X