If I wanted to hunt trad this year what would you recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
    Thanks. Maybe I need to go on a paid hog hunt.
    Let me know when, I will cut you a deal

Comment

Get a bow and give it a go

Comment

Originally posted by camo_cowboy55 View Post
        thanks alot Bisch ! were going out pig hunting tommorow and i felt my shooting tonight with my trad was pretty good at 20yrds but then again ive never shot a broadhead through my trad, so tommorow at work im going to fletch up some arrows and take few different broadheads and shoot them and see how they fly at work. Now if i dont feel like their shooting worth a hoot I'm gonna just take my wheels out and smoke a pig,but Marshall thinks im ready to stick a pig with my trad!

im nervous and excited if that makes any sense.
        Dude you are ready. Get out there and let one fly. Be patient. Just do it. Taking your first with trad gear is so freaking rewarding.

Comment

Sound like you have a good set up and have received some great advise. I personally like practice at 20 yards then hunt at 10-12 yard, Makes the shot seem close. All you need is a little confidence. My Nephew came up to hunt with me two years ago. When we got ready to go to stands he got out his compound. I ask where was his stick bow and he replied he couldn't shoot it well enough for hunting.I had him grab his recurve and shoot a deer target at 15 yards, kill shot every time. I ask him what's wrong with that (nothing). That afternoon he made his first trad kill on a doe, one shot and clean. Then an hour later killed a big boar hog. He hasn't picked up a compound since and has several trad kills. Just keep practicing and go get'm. Good luck.

Comment

I guarantee this... If you never take your trad gear a field! You'll never get the chance. If you handicap yourself with the wheels you will stay handicapped.

I have a buddy up north in Dallas that jacks around during bow season and makes all kinds of excuses for opening day. Rifle season rolls around and low n behold he takes his rifle and his wheel bow with him. Every year he shoots the rifle over his bow. He has never killed a pig or deer with archery equipment. He is decent with his bow too. But he just won't commit to the experience.

You gotta commit to it to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              Go to every 3- d shoot you can find, bare down and shoot them well.

Go kill some pigs as often as you can.
              Nothing builds confidence like taking some animals with your bow
              Yes. x2

Comment

Pick a spot, it's so easy to take in the holy animal when your watching the eys, once you feel the opportunity to get to draw you burn that spot and forget what that head does, if movement is caught commit and follow through on the tuff of hair ur staring down, if you watch the head after you commit the shot wil be subpar . Commit and shot sequence kill em with your eyes

Comment

Find a place to wear out the rabbits. Incredible confidence builder and they nicely with dumplings.

Comment

Working...
                  X