Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck

Comment

Had my hunt there this past weekend. I can't give you a scouting report for Hominy but I can tell you what I seen in deer creek and heard from other hunters. This past weekend the deer didn't seem to be moving that much as it is really green up there. The bucks are definitely big bodied. Chackworth shot a big 8 that would have been over 200 lbs on the hoof but wasn't able to recover it. Hopefully he will chime in here sometime soon and give some more info on what he saw from his stand. Good luck to you guys and the bucks should be entering the chase phase up there in about a week or so. So I think the bucks will be up and moving better for you guys on your hunt.

Comment

This was an awesome hunt even though I had some bad luck. Everyone seemed to agree that the deer all seemed real spooky. We had a full moon and everything was still thick and green. I found a pretty good spot in a funnel between crp and a clear cut with a pond on one end. Everyone seemed to only be seeing nothing or 1-2 deer but I saw 8 the first day after 945 and 2 the second day including the big 8 that I shot but couldn't recover. The deer are there and y'all should have some awesome hunts coming up the next few weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the report. wish you could have found your 8.

Comment

leaving in about an hour. very excited. no cell phone usage on base so no live hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Brannon74 View Post
              leaving in about an hour. very excited. no cell phone usage on base so no live hunt.
              You can use your cell phone just don't take any pictures. Good luck on your hunt.

Comment

Good luck Brannon! Let us know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Brannon74 View Post
                  Good luck!

Comment

Struck out at Mcaap. Had a good weekend with my cousins hunting. I passed on a small 8 the first morning and never got another shot thye whole weekend. Deer were not really rutting yet and had more food than they could eat in hundred years. There were persimons everywhere and deer were walking right by them. My cousin shot over the back of a nice eight and my other cousin got busted while trying to pull back on a doe. Great weekend over all but I might have starved as an Indian.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed the hunt Brannon.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Working...
                        X