The ammo plant hunt in Oklahoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ammo plant hunt in Oklahoma?

Did they already draw for this? Is it to late to put in? What does it take to be eligible??

Deadline was sometime in may. The drawing was Wednesday.

I was unfortunate and did not draw, I believe something like 15,000 people put in for 1500 permits.

From what I hear its am incredible place if u ever draw

Comment

Like he said....you missed it for this year.

Here is the website. The link to apply is on the right hand side.

Bisch

Comment

Yep, supposed to be a good hunt! I got drawn for the second year in a row but once again I think I'm going to have to miss it due to work commitments. This year would have been Hominy during the first weekend in November too!!

Comment

Like they said the results were released Friday. My cousin and I drew a mid Oct hunt in the deer creek unit. This is a hunt that is very well worth putting in for.

Comment

Sorry don't know why I typed Friday the results were posted Wednesday. As for your last question all you need for qualifications is a hunting license for the year that you apply. If you are a non resident you can purchase a 5 day non resident license and use that as your license you need to apply. Other than that there is a $5 fee for the application process. You do not have to shoot any qualifiers or anything to hunt. If you are drawn you will have to pay a $25 hunt fee plus bonus tag cost. I believe it is around $200 for a non resident. Sorry you missed out on putting in for this year but make sure you put in next year in April.

Comment

Ya it's $477 total for a non resident if you get the optional bonus deer tag. I think you might can get an optional turkey tag as well???

Comment

Originally posted by chackworth3 View Post
                Ya it's $477 total for a non resident if you get the optional bonus deer tag. I think you might can get an optional turkey tag as well???
                Yep you can buy a turkey tag also if you want to try for a turkey. There are a bunch out there but I have yet to see any while hunting.

Comment

How much is the 5 day non resident license you need to apply?

Comment

Just looked it up a 5 day non resident license is $75 bucks now.

Comment

I drew in for NOV 1-3. 3rd time to hunt there. first time in Boggy

Comment

Drew out Nov. 8-10......Hominy. Was an Oklahoma resident for 7 yrs and got my lifetime license while I was there!!! 3rd time for me but never hunted Hominy.

Comment

I have hunted hominy twice. good luck to you XL

Comment

Good luck to you too Brannon74. Be sure and post a general scouting report after your hunt the weekend before me!!

Comment

Just a week away. can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X