TBoT Equipment Rules Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBoT Equipment Rules Question

OK folks, I'm not looking to start any arguments, or debates about equipment, so lets not get into any.

I'm simply going to post a picture of the shelf, that I am shooting from for you to look at, and make the determination.

Will this be allowed for competition in the TBoT shoots?

Simple yes or no will suffice.

Just want to know ahead of time, and questions about the setup are welcomed if you have any.

Thanks in advance.

Rick
    Attached Files

I am not going to touch that one. Seems like a TBoT official should make that call.

Sweet looking setup though!

Bisch

Comment

does any part of the rest move.....????? as in the raised base or the plunger area....

my question is, does an ILF, or morphed bow stay with what "T.B.O.T." is trying to stay with??""old style traditional archery"""
      I think it's kind of neat of take'n a old compound and make'n it in to a olimpic style bow, it's not my thing but as you and todd have said it's taking archery to a different level.
      just my opinion.
      jeffro

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
        does any part of the rest move.....????? as in the raised base or the plunger area....

my question is, does an ILF, or morphed bow stay with what "T.B.O.T." is trying to stay with??""old style traditional archery"""
        I think it's kind of neat of take'n a old compound and make'n it in to a olimpic style bow, it's not my thing but as you and todd have said it's taking archery to a different level.
        just my opinion.
        jeffro
        Hey Jeff.

Both the strike plate & the shelf are solid non moving parts.

There is just a solid brass bolt in the plunger hole with a piece of velcro stuck over it for a strike plate. The strike plate is adjustable (in & out), but once adjusted is locked into place. No different than stacking layers of material, or removing them to achieve the same thing.

The shelf is just a 3/8" wood dowel, that has been covered with velcro.

Rick

Comment

ElefIknow

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            Hey Jeff.

Both the strike plate & the shelf are solid non moving parts.

There is just a solid brass bolt in the plunger hole with a piece of velcro stuck over it for a strike plate. The strike plate is adjustable (in & out), but once adjusted is locked into place. No different than stacking layers of material, or removing them to achieve the same thing.

The shelf is just a 3/8" wood dowel, that has been covered with velcro.

Rick

Sounds like it fits the rules to me, but I am not on the committe.

Comment

Just me, the way I read the rules, no.
              Last edited by trad"Doc"53; 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

To me what makes a bow an olympic bow is the stablizer, plunger, flippy style rest. I don't see recurve limbs and a metal riser being a problem.

I have used similiar set ups as yours on a wood handle bow at TBOT shoots. I however was not in any danger to place.

Comment

^^^^ I have used similar set ups on a wood handle bow at TBOT shoots.
                  This, as the area rep is the one who decides how the rules are to be called. Just send a pic to all the reps and see where the areas are you can shoot.

Comment

I was under the impression, that there are TBoT committee members who frequent here, so I figured one or more of them could look at this and make the call.

#############
                    Here is the guideline as posted on the TBoT website:

Must shoot off the shelf. No Moving parts. When assembled, the working bow is to be one solid piece.

The way I read that, this should be legal. It is a permanently affixed shelf with no moving parts, and once assembled it is one solid piece. Even if I removed the bolt, and stacked material in there for my strike plate, it would be the exact same thing, with the arrow resting in the exact same position from center.
                    #############

One thing I can tell you for sure. This is no where near a tricked out OLY rig, I've shot the OLY/FITA rigs, and this setup isn't even close. To be honest, this bow is no easier, or harder to shoot than any other off the shelf bow, that is cut past center. This particular riser is cut 3/16" past center, just like most of the wood handle recurve bows you see today. Just for example - The Blackwidow PMA, PSA, PCH, and many other make & models fit into that category.

If this don't qualify I don't want to find it out after I've already shown up to shoot somewhere, and that is the only reason I asked here first in order to get a clear cut decision/ruling before hand.

P.S.
                    Who would be the top dog to email a picture to in order to get an across the board answer?

Rick
                    Last edited by RickBarbee; 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Don't worry about it, Rick. TBoT rules are flexible and vary depending on who is running the shoot. Pay no attention to what is posted on the actual TBoT site. And at least one TBoT officer doesn't really appreciate any TBoT rule questions or clarifications be posted here on TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by M-2 View Post
                        Don't worry about it, Rick. TBoT rules are flexible and vary depending on who is running the shoot. Pay no attention to what is posted on the actual TBoT site. And at least one TBoT officer doesn't really appreciate any TBoT rule questions or clarifications be posted here on TBH.
                        GULP

That makes me even more concerned about it.

I like clear cut definitions.

I wish TBoT had a dedicated discussion area somewhere. Would make life a lot easier on the committee/officers, as well as the members.

Rick

Comment

I emailed the picture to Bud Murphy, and asked him to pass it around to the rest of the committee for a ruling.

Rick

Comment

that is a rigid shelf and rigid side plate. I would say yes,
                            Last edited by huntinpool; 02-02-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I keep seeing peolple refer to metal risers as olympic style bows. That is just wrong.
                              Olympic bows have long stabilizers, side bars, scope sights, plungers, flippers like this one.
                              A long way from the pic of your bow, metal dont mean olympic

[ATTACH]451985[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X