No announcement yet.

Stick bow Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a big fan of longbows. I really like longbows. To me theres just easier to shoot and quieter. I'm not worried about speed. Longbows are a little slower but it really doesnt matter if the deer wants to duck it hes going to even with a compound. I really love my longbows. The ones I make, Bob Sarrels, and Jack Kempf longbows.

Get a longbow Bud

Comment

tuned in. I'm considering taking the wheels off next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
        Its going to be hard to get a feel for what you want to shoot from a picture. The best way to find out what is right for you is to get together with some trad guys in your area and shoot all of their bows. My personal favorite is my Bobcatt II recurve by Sarrels. You can see some great pics on his website. www.Sarrels Archery.com.
        I think this says it all right here.

Personally I perfer longbows.

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
          I want to start shooting traditional but do not know which style of bow to get.
          What is your favorite bow and why? I plan on tree stand/ground blind hunting for deer and pigs. Also include a picture of your bow so I can get a feel for what I want to shoot.
          If ur ever in the belton area stop by ur welcome to try out any of my longbows or recurves you want

Comment

We have some good bow maker on this site!

Comment

I have about 2 dozen bows...give or take. My favorites are the my Black Widow and my Bob Lee recurves, and for long bows I like my Sarrels.

Comment

Longbow s for me!!! Centuar Archery

Comment

ILF /DAS rigs for me. Combos for everything I want to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
                    Bows are like Women, Once you try one you want to try them all.
                    There is always truth in jest...

Comment

I don't own a recurve any more, I shoot a Sarrels sierra and weaver selfbow

Comment

My two favorite bows are a 60" Bob Lee takedown recurve and a 64" Bob Lee one piece longbow. They are both 50#@28". There is not a huge difference between them in how they feel in the hand or in the way they shoot...the longbow is just a little slower than the recurve. The longbow is quieter but the recurve is more maneuverable in most hunting situations.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354075226.719852.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	24145169Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354075268.554395.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	24145170

Comment

I have a Damon Howatt, but I like the ones I build myself the best.

Comment

I would love to eventually learn how to make my own! How many hours does a bow normally take to make?

Comment

A couple of general items. You mentioned treestands and ground blinds, both of those would indicate slorter bows, not real short but probably not a 66" longbow. In general longer bows ( 60" to 64") are a little easier to shoot. I would not get a long bow less than 64" or a recurve less than 60", just my opinion. Go to some traditional events and people will gladly let you try out their bows. You will likely go through a few bows before you find the one you like. My advice traditionalarcherysales.com. Len Busbee has lots of used bows and you will get a fair price.
                              Chuck

Comment

Selfbow for me. Imagine that.

Comment

Working...
                                X