TBOT at Cowtown is all set!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Well, there were other shoots this weekend as well. A few shooterels drove several hours to be at this one. And we appreciate that. But if there was one half the distance from home you might lose a shooter or two that way. Even if they are ASA shoots.
    TBOT is an organization focused on the bowhunter style shots. Yes, there are a small percentage of younger folks who hunt with traditional bows, but not many. Inflation up, older folks often on fixed incomes, gas price can affect the choice to make a drive.
    There are many factors and I'm sure I won't every know the answer. John is right though in the quality of folks at the shoot. Salt of the earth type people you can enjoy a day on the range whether you knew them when you started the round or not.
    The bad economy is the number one factor contributing to declining shooter numbers.
    It's not just the trad shoots. It's all the shoots, but the trad shows it more due to having fewer shooters to begin with.

It's sad all the way around, but I've seen it down/up/down/up a lot over the years.
    It'll come back. Just hope clubs can survive the down times.

Rick

Comment

Weekend shoots are rough for me as I work. Pretty much says it all.

Comment

Ooops!

Comment

Thanks again to everyone who worked to make this shoot happen. The two and a half hour drive isn't even a thought, because it's such a good event. From the social aspect, I enjoy seeing friends and meeting new people. Everyone I saw had a smile, and that goes a long way. From a competition standpoint, Cowtown is one of the few places that sets a range that can help prep for some of the bigger national and world events.

Nearly every club is struggling with volunteers. Many have the numbers, mine included, but don't have the hands-on manpower to do what they'd like to, when they'd like to do it. Kudos to the folks at Cowtown for doing a great job.

Comment

Well Cowtown will survive it and they are fortunate to have committed guys like Bob and John leading traditional side here.
            Last edited by DRT; 02-26-2024, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	26731735

Congrats to all the winners!!!!!!

Bisch
              Last edited by Bisch; 02-28-2024, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Good shooting folks.

Comment

Good to see some names I recognize and some old hats, as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X