TBOT at Cowtown is all set!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBOT at Cowtown is all set!

30 targets await your arrows - come fling a few!

See y'all there.

Comment

The pig is ready to fly!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6496.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	26728592 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6498.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	26728593 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6497.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	26728594 ​​​​​​​.

Comment

Grabbing gear. Be out soon.

Comment

Missing this one. Y’all enjoy and straight shooting.

Comment

Another great course set up by the Cowtown crew!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Shot a few rounds yesterday and had a super good day. What a beautiful morn the Lord gave us to be outside and enjoy. The set up was excellent! The hot dogs and the chili both great! I enjoy the Bob Lee Mememorial very much. The Chester Classic, too. But I do prefer the layout of the Cowtown courses. So much variety and great Trad terrain.

I shot at that freaking bison 7 times and I ain't hit it yet. Big critter to be so hard to hit!!

Only things lacking were my personal scores (a persistent occurence) and numbers of shooters.
              Last edited by SJP51; 02-25-2024, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I'm with you on the numbers thing. Even the big shoots are way down since years past. But if you look at the group still kicking it, there ain't many under 50 years old.
                sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I'm with you on the numbers thing. Even the big shoots are way down since years past. But if you look at the group still kicking it, there ain't many under 50 years old.
                  sad but true.
                  Won't be long before everybody at the shoot is competing in "Seniors" class!

Comment

Sad but true!

Comment

Shot two more rounds this morning before mass at noon. It was great weather and a good time. Hate to lose these matches but it's hard to justify for 20 or 30 shooters. Although many of us are crazy enough to shoot four to six rounds in a weekend.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this shoot happen. The course was great with lots of variation in distance and elevation. It is sad to see the attendance drop off like it has - not sure what is driving that but sure hope the trend reverses.

Comment

I spent several years fretting about our declining numbers, wondering what we could do different to bring in more shooters. It has become apparent however that there are just fewer trad shooters generally and I'm not sure what can be done about that. I now just find myself appreciative for what we do have - a great group of folks we can count on to make the effort to show up every year and enjoy themselves. Thanks to all participants, members who helped with set up/take down and especially to Mike and Fran Heisler from TBOT.

Comment

I like the timing of the Cowtown shoot and it's been there for a while. While not throwing stones at other venues, having had another major shoot scheduled the week before did affect turnout for Cowtown.

I know of one other shooter that could not make both shoots on back to back weekends and it kept me from shooting Cowtown on Sunday.

I appreciate very much what it takes to hold ALL these shoots. Thanks to all.
                            Last edited by SJP51; 02-26-2024, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Well, there were other shoots this weekend as well. A few shooterels drove several hours to be at this one. And we appreciate that. But if there was one half the distance from home you might lose a shooter or two that way. Even if they are ASA shoots.
                              TBOT is an organization focused on the bowhunter style shots. Yes, there are a small percentage of younger folks who hunt with traditional bows, but not many. Inflation up, older folks often on fixed incomes, gas price can affect the choice to make a drive.
                              There are many factors and I'm sure I won't every know the answer. John is right though in the quality of folks at the shoot. Salt of the earth type people you can enjoy a day on the range whether you knew them when you started the round or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X