Who makes good recurve strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

You do not have to settle for a skinny string with M2. The size of the string is all about the builder.
    Just increase the strand count until you have the desired diameter.
    I'll add - it is an extremely good material - as in right up there with other top of the line stuff.

Edit:
    M2 is really easy to work with for flemish strings also.

Rick
    I have also bee impressed with M2. What would be the benefits of building a thicker string? I use the appropriate serving size for the finished string to fit my nocks. Not arguing, just wondering if I am missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsehide View Post

I remember seeing some videos of game reactions to bow vs arrow noise Tim King had awhile back.
      Whitetails did not seem to start their ninja moves until way after the arrow was on its way.
      But, like you said, you have way more "string time" shooting these guys than I do.
      I firmly believe, that in flight arrow sound is as critical as bow noise, and maybe more so.

Rick

Comment

I have also bee impressed with M2. What would be the benefits of building a thicker string? I use the appropriate serving size for the finished string to fit my nocks. Not arguing, just wondering if I am missing something.
        I was just saying, if you don't like skinny, you can make them thicker.
        Personally, I like skinny, and as you - I make the serving size fit my nocks.

Rick

Comment

I remember seeing some videos of game reactions to bow vs arrow noise Tim King had awhile back.
          Whitetails did not seem to start their ninja moves until way after the arrow was on its way.
          But, like you said, you have way more "string time" shooting these guys than I do.
          Honestly I figure it's my paranoia more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Honestly I figure it's my paranoia more than anything.
            Just remember: being paranoid, doesn't mean someone is not out to get you...

Comment

Since we're going down this road... I have found the biggest impact on shot noise is my release. Clean = quiet (assuming a good tune).

I also have seen studies showing that human perception of noise is not remotely consistent with the actual decibel level of the shot. In short, pitch matters more for our perception of noise, than the actual decibel level. Which begs the question, how do we know which pitch deer are more reactive to?

Comment

Mindy McConnell- St Lawrence Strings...hard to beat the quality that they make!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  Since we're going down this road... I have found the biggest impact on shot noise is my release. Clean = quiet (assuming a good tune).
                  I noticed this over the weekend, while shooting. Shots that broke clean had a deeper, soft thrum to them. When I messed up, the string had a higher, twangier reverberation to it.

Comment

SBD and Rick Barbee

Comment

I have a SBD with recurve wraps on my Timberghost and it’s deadly quite. I also have a set of black widow string silences and some beaver balls.

Comment

Working...
                      X