No announcement yet.

Vintage Bow Hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, I will get the Deerslayer strung today and start shooting it.

Also, the shooting has helped me with the stretching out from the shoulder surgery I had. The best I could do at the start was a 27" arrow vs. my normal draw length of 30.25". You have to get a bit creative with anchor points, etc. Things have been going well; I'm ready for more length, so I tried some glue-on adapters. It worked, another 1.5" in length; the arrows shot true. I have some more arrows coming from Rose in a couple of weeks; they will be for my normal draw length, and I'll be ready for them.

Comment

Nice set up. I remember when I had an archery room.

Comment

I got a doe last season with my '74 Bear Super Kodiak. Not sure if that's vintage enough but it's definitely not new.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1654182635885.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	26572891

Comment

Originally posted by Onski69 View Post
          I got a doe last season with my '74 Bear Super Kodiak. Not sure if that's vintage enough but it's definitely not new.
          That definitely counts! Glad to see the young one out with you!

Comment

Old bows, old men. Both can still be deadly.

Comment

The only new bow I have ever purchased was a Mathews LX solo-cam 20 or so years ago. I shot one turkey with it from about 30 yards. It just seemed too easy to look through a peep sight and line up a pin and then squeeze a trigger… dead turkey!

So, I switched to recurves and then Hill style longbows. I’ve shot and killed 5 pigs and one spike Buck with an old Shakespeare Super Necedah. It’s a 60 lb draw. I love it!

As for my HH longbows… I love shooting my Big Five that was made by John Schulz. It draws 68 @ 28 and is 66” long. As of yet I haven’t killed anything with it. I shot one pig with it but it ran off and wasn’t recovered.

All of my Trad bows are vintage! I like to think each has a tale to tell and I’m adding to their history and mystique by using them afield.
              Last edited by BAPilot2; 09-29-2023, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Well, me too. I've been on a buying binge the last 3 yrs, Wings, Necedah, a Pearson, an Indian, a Colt (made by Wing) and a Root jWarrior. All shoot great and look fantastic. So, the two I've chosen to shoot out of my pop up is the Browning Nomad Stalker (forgot to add that one to the list of purchases) and the Colt Hunt Master, both 52". The Nomad is 40# at 28" and the Colt is 45# at 28", I draw 28 1/2. All tuned and ready to go. One of the Red Wing Hunters is next to hunt. All from the mid 60's

Comment

Working...
                X