No announcement yet.

How fast do your Trad Bows shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dollar self bow 54# @ 26" shoots an average of 146 ft/second and still kills critters.

Comment

Even knowing the arrow weight there are a lot of variables, some people have a better release than others and can get several fps more at the same draw, also a ff type string can add 6-8fps over dacron (which Davids bows will come with) a tight fitting arrow nock will make a difference and some will draw 30" then let the arrow creep forward an inch or more.

Comment

Shooting the same bow @ 63# with cx250's & 350's the 250's shoot 203 and the 350's shoot 208 and the 350's weigh 30 grain more explane that?

Comment

M-2, while we do gain some on speed with a heavy bow (yes I am a Buff type), where we gain the most is getting that same speed with a heavier arrow and thus more penatration....which matters most on marginal or big bone hits...or shooting very big beasties.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
            Why are you slowing that Massie Longhorn down???
            I wish I knew? I pretty sure it is me and not the Longhorn.

Comment

I shot my 45 year old Ben Pearson recurve that is 40# at 28" through a chrono with a Gold Tip Ultra Light and three arrows averaged 178 FPS. My Weaver Selfbow with a 510 gr. woody averaged 158 over three arrows. 47# BW recurve with ICS Bowhunter arrows averaged 202 and with 510 gr. woodies averaged 185.

Wayne

Comment

PLB an PSR 48#@28" 501gr 2114 Mid 170's don't kno on my PCH same #

Comment

I wish I knew, next time I go to a shooting range I will check it out with their equipment.

Comment

Working...
                  X