shooting distance on deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coop View Post
    Like Buff said, it is a matter of feel. My longest was 45 yards (38 years ago) and my closest was 12 feet. My average is probably around 18 yards. If you shoot enough you will know your comfort range.
    after the way I shot last night.. I better use 10 yards as my max... I couldn't hit a barn past that from the inside..

Comment

I have shot aniamals (big slow non-string jumping animals) out to almost 30 yards, but that was the very rare exception. I have also shot two animals where I am sure the broadhead was hitting the animal before the arrow was completely clear of the riser. I like to set up for shots 15 yards and in. Give me a 10 yarder every time if you can.

Like Buff said, regardless of distance, you have to KNOW you are going to make that shot

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
        I have shot aniamals (big slow non-string jumping animals) out to almost 30 yards, but that was the very rare exception. I have also shot two animals where I am sure the broadhead was hitting the animal before the arrow was completely clear of the riser. I like to set up for shots 15 yards and in. Give me a 10 yarder every time if you can.

Like Buff said, regardless of distance, you have to KNOW you are going to make that shot
        This might be the best piece of info in this whole thread!!!

Bisch

Comment

I havent shot an animal yet over 12 yards ...get them in close and take a good shot.

Comment

Because of the light poundage bows I shoot, 20 yards is my maximum distance. Most of my bowkills have been between 12-17 yards.

Comment

l like to keep it at no more than 25 yards.

Comment

Oh about that far and that is about as far as I can shoot. Witch aint that far.

Comment

15 yards is the yardage for me.....Sure folks have taken deer and other animals at longer distances...but I like them close...closer is better...

Comment

Working...
                  X