Hoyt Dorado off the shelf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savage View Post
    Yep, I have a Dorado and shoot off of the rest. Just take a piece of thick carpet felt and put it where you would the shelf and window pad. I picked up a couple pieces at walmart where they keep their hardware. It's self adhesive on one side. It's pretty thick and works perfect! Found out about it on some other forums.

Thanks brother I am also going to try to just build up the side wall and shoot of the factory shelf with a piece that Hoyt sent me first, if it doesn't work I will try your method! Thanks for the help

Comment

I thought you were going after the Hoyt Buffalo. I still havn't got my trad bow yet but I have shot the heck out of my buddys. I think I am hooked now

Comment

No problem. I tried using an arrow rest but it just didn't feel right using one on a recurve.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter7801 View Post
          I thought you were going after the Hoyt Buffalo. I still havn't got my trad bow yet but I have shot the heck out of my buddys. I think I am hooked now
          Still going to get one just working something else to completetion first.

Originally posted by Savage View Post
          No problem. I tried using an arrow rest but it just didn't feel right using one on a recurve.
          I started off using an elevated rest but never got it the way I wanted it. Got the new string on new shelf material on and we (stumpshooter) got the brace height, nock point location and arrrow spine all figured out in the last couple of nights after work. Got some pics last night of the material on my Dorado, will post up in a few. I appreciate all the help, advice, suggestions, and commentary. Keep it rolling

Comment

Ok Here is What I ended up with.......ended up with the best arrow flight and the quietest limb noise with out any string silencers at 3/8" nock point and 7 3/4" Brace height, very accurate! One again Hoyt sent me these pieces from the factory and (Stumpshooter) aided me in the process! Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X