TSLC scores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSLC scores?

What's a good score for longbow open in this shoot? It's been awhile since I've participated but If you shoot 10 2's or less each day should you fair well?!

Wood arrows only at this shoot. A good score according to Arvin is 450.

Comment

Originally posted by TraditionalRJ View Post
      What's a good score for longbow open in this shoot? It's been awhile since I've participated but If you shoot 10 2's or less each day should you fair well?!
      Assuming the rest are 5's you will fair very well...Van

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
        Wood arrows only at this shoot. A good score according to Arvin is 450.
        That would be an outstanding score since the total possible combined score for both days is 500...Van

Comment

450 is 90% kills and is something that few people have done. I only hope to be that good some day.

Comment

This is Martha.
            Speaking of TSLC scores, they have never been published after the shoot.
            I've heard many lament this fact.
            If the Powers That Be at Sherwood want to get me the scores (Jeffro and Lewis Vaden, how about it?), I would be happy to format them for the TBoT site.

Comment

martha, i'll see if i can do this,
              rj, a 220 on both days will put you in the top 10 most years. never know, my best one day is a 212.
              this is a wood arrow only shoot.
              we do draw most of the best longbow shooters in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, with the bad economy and high gas prices the numbers have been down the last 2 or 3 years. but we still put on a great shoot, and you'll meet some of the nices folks in our sport. oh and 90% of the shoot is in the shade...

Comment

RJ, make sure the handle on your bow meets the measurement criteria.

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                  450 is 90% kills and is something that few people have done. I only hope to be that good some day.
                  And no misses...Van

Comment

Anything over 200 each day is good. The winner usually has a total score somewhere between 410-430 depending on how the course is set and who is there.

Bisch

Comment

Yeah my bow is the only legal 21st century Milton makes and I have woods that are foam seeking missles of late.

I've shot two 50 round courses this week to prepare for it with numerous shots past 40 but no up or down hill or tiny targets and have hit 5 2's each day and will shoot two more warmup rounds tomorrow and friday in preparation for this shoot and hope to have my "mind" rewired to shoot this new bow I've only had a few days. I really hope Milton makes this shoot. I owe him a huge handshake and a water for the bow he made me. It's outstanding. I can't wait to see everyone there and I hope to meet alot of new friends. Should I go ahead and send in my registration Jeffro or just sign up early? I don't want to not be allowed to play because the weather brought out everyone and I didn't get in the mix.

Comment

And now that I have a TBOT legal setup..I'll be shooting more of them competitively as well!

AND NOW I CAN HUNT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TraditionalRJ View Post
                          Yeah my bow is the only legal 21st century Milton makes and I have woods that are foam seeking missles of late.

I've shot two 50 round courses this week to prepare for it with numerous shots past 40 but no up or down hill or tiny targets and have hit 5 2's each day and will shoot two more warmup rounds tomorrow and friday in preparation for this shoot and hope to have my "mind" rewired to shoot this new bow I've only had a few days. I really hope Milton makes this shoot. I owe him a huge handshake and a water for the bow he made me. It's outstanding. I can't wait to see everyone there and I hope to meet alot of new friends. Should I go ahead and send in my registration Jeffro or just sign up early? I don't want to not be allowed to play because the weather brought out everyone and I didn't get in the mix.
                          If you shoot like that at Ft Worth you'll win...Van

Comment

come on out rj, I "we" talked to david "our pres" and told him that we have talked to alot of folks that haven't signed up and will be there to sign up Saturday, and I'm happy to say my son Ty will be shooting this year, it's been awhile since he's shot 3d and VERY proud to have him back in the mix... he hasn't shot competition in over 7 years. and yes i got a B.A.GRIN on my face as i type this....
                            see ya'll satuday, shoot stright and smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Van/TX View Post
                              If you shoot like that at Ft Worth you'll win...Van
                              Haha I KNOW how it's done at TSLC and haven't shot it in years. First time was the first year I ever got into traditional shooting. This isn't some backyard warm up round. TSLC is the real deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X