Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got it, Bob.

Comment

That weekend is out for me and Steve. We will be in OK hunting at McAlester. If this becomes the date i will try to see if Marty will let me come up while Daniel is hunting with him.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
        Sat the 29th would work great for us. I will be celebrating two things that week. MY 62 birthday (yeah I know guys, I am an old fart) and the completion of my 1000th bow. Daniel, we have a big house with an extra bedroom and you are more than welcome my friend to share our house with us. Everyone chime in if this date works for you. It is late enough in Oct that the temps won't be to danged hot and it won't conflict with opening weekend of deer season. What do ya think. We will do a wild game cookoff if I can get some help with the meat and cookin.
        By the way Daniel, I lived in Germany for a couple of years and traveled to Austria 2 or 3 times. What a georgeous country. My Deutch is pretty weak after all these years (this was back in 71-71) but we might have some fun. I guarantee my German is not nearly as good as your English.
        You lived in Germany? Thats cool! You already built 1000 bow!? Wow thats alot!
        OOh thats sound too great! so the 29th ould be super for me, if the others have time! Thanks alot for your offer!
        I dont know exactly what a wildgamecookoff is but i would love to help you with the meat and cooking.

Lets see, Bier here, bier here, order Isch fall um.
        Ahahah awesome! Im sure we will have a lot of fun!

Girl, you know I do love those pecan bouron pies. yuuuuuummmiiiieeee
        Pecon bouron pies? sound interesting! could someone please explain that to me?

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        That weekend is out for me and Steve. We will be in OK hunting at McAlester. If this becomes the date i will try to see if Marty will let me come up while Daniel is hunting with him.

Bisch
        Sorry to here this! But it would be super to meet you at Buffs ranch!

Im getting sooo exited But i do have a little fear about the long time in the plain... Also i hope my bow will reach Texas in a good condition and not get lost
        Naah just think positiv! everything will be fine

Thanks alot! I cant wait to meet you!
        THB is indeed a very great site, with alot of nice people!

Daniel

Comment

Mail the bow to whomever you are going to meet first. The plane ride is not that bad, teaks some sleeping pills and snooze the whole way, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
            Mail the bow to whomever you are going to meet first.
            Really should I? I was planning to take it with me on the airplane in the checked in luggage.

I think it would take about 2 weks to send it over but i want to shoot it.. I need some training to fell more confident..

Comment

Daniel, welcome to Texas! You TBH folks.....y'all just rock. One more "hunt" to add to your list Daniel....gotta go chase armadillos! Have a safe trip!

Comment

thanks!

Does anyone know how the daimond C and buffs ranch is set up? Treestands, groundblinds or Tripods?
                Which distances are they set at?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by triffnix View Post
                  thanks!

Does anyone know how the daimond C and buffs ranch is set up? Treestands, groundblinds or Tripods?

Daniel
                  Can't say about Diamond C (I have never been there yet) but I know Marty (Buff) well and he is a traditional hunter. I'll bet you have nothing to worry about with the set-up at Marty's place. As far as stands I would bet both places have groundblinds, tripods, and treestands.

Also, don't worry about your bow on the plane. I have been to Canada once and South Africa twice and never had any trouble with my bows. I was worried each time about the possibility of them losing something but it never happened. If your bow is a takedown, just pack it well and wrap some of your clothes around it for padding.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by triffnix View Post
                    thanks!

Daniel
                    Everything is set up for your Trad bow. Most of the shots are between 10 and 12 yards.

I can get you closer if we need to
                    A Trad hunters dream world

Comment

This thread is why Texas is the greatest state in the Union...Im PROUD to be a TEXAN!!!

Hope you, although I know you will, enjoy your trip to TEXAS!!!

Comment

Will you be carrying a one piece bow with you or is it a take down.

Comment

Daniel, chocolate pecan bourbon pie can't really be explained. You will just have to eat a piece and find out. It will be one more hunt to add to your list as Bob might hide it from everybody.

Comment

Daniel,
                            Angie and I will pick you up at DFW airport and get you to the rent car. After that you can come to my house about 2 miles away. From there we can get you all the maps, phone numbers etc you will need and make contact with all the folks you are planning to meet up with. I can take you out to Diamond C to meet with Skylar. He and I hunted ast year on another lease we had together so I know the area real well. Skylar has all sorts of hunting setups and lots of animals and a great place to hunt. Angie has hunted there twice and loves the place.
                            If something should happen to your bow, we have a right handed 40# Serengeti recurve, arrows, etc that you can borrow and it will pull about 45-46# at your draw length. Plenty for any game at Diamond C.

You have nothing to worry about once you get here my friend

BTW, You are gonna love those folks down by Austin.
                            Ya'll know who you are

Comment

We are looking for a rattle snake hunt for you, Daniel. Arvin has a friend that is involved with the rattle snake roundup. You hunt them with a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                                Everything is set up for your Trad bow. Most of the shots are between 10 and 12 yards.

I can get you closer if we need to
                                A Trad hunters dream world
                                i thin 12 yards is ok! normally im shooting out to 22 yards but im not good enough yet at this distance. but within 15 yards i think everything should be ok! 10-12 is perfect!

Originally posted by Jdickerson5 View Post
                                This thread is why Texas is the greatest state in the Union...Im PROUD to be a TEXAN!!!

Hope you, although I know you will, enjoy your trip to TEXAS!!!
                                Im sure this will be a adventure ill never forget in my whole live! Meet awesome people, shooting bows and hunting..

Will you be carrying a one piece bow with you or is it a take down.
                                Ill take a Predator hunter from hunters niche (takedown) with me, its 46@ 28 its a great bow i love it!

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                                Daniel, chocolate pecan bourbon pie can't really be explained. You will just have to eat a piece and find out. It will be one more hunt to add to your list as Bob might hide it from everybody.
                                i hope this hunt will also be successful! i only want to try a litte piece.

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                Daniel,
                                Angie and I will pick you up at DFW airport and get you to the rent car. After that you can come to my house about 2 miles away. From there we can get you all the maps, phone numbers etc you will need and make contact with all the folks you are planning to meet up with. I can take you out to Diamond C to meet with Skylar. He and I hunted ast year on another lease we had together so I know the area real well. Skylar has all sorts of hunting setups and lots of animals and a great place to hunt. Angie has hunted there twice and loves the place.
                                If something should happen to your bow, we have a right handed 40# Serengeti recurve, arrows, etc that you can borrow and it will pull about 45-46# at your draw length. Plenty for any game at Diamond C.

You have nothing to worry about once you get here my friend

BTW, You are gonna love those folks down by Austin.
                                Ya'll know who you are
                                Wow that sounds super! Thanks alot!!

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                                We are looking for a rattle snake hunt for you, Daniel. Arvin has a friend that is involved with the rattle snake roundup. You hunt them with a stick.
                                uuh sounds dangerous i like that

I owe everybody of you soo much; for helping me that much and taking care of me!

Daniel
                                Last edited by triffnix; 09-22-2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X