2023 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post

Yes sir that's why. Pulsar closed all the XQ38's out to make way for the XQ35. The XQ35 has a better sensor that offers a little better image quality in normal conditions but a pretty significantly better image in poor, wet, humid conditions. That's when the XQ35 Pro is going to really shine. It also has a newer better lens and a better battery door latching system. In the review we made the comment (because it's what we'd been told by someone Pulsar) that the lens was slightly smaller than on the XQ35 than the XQ38 but come to find out, that's incorrect. The lens on the XQ35 is actually larger than the XQ38. Not that it really matters either way but we'd been given some bad info.

The Talion XQ38 is a great optic for sure. The XQ35 is just an in-line upgrade with a nice improvement that's really going to be beneficial for guys who are hunting in less than ideal conditions.

Jason
    Thank you Jason,
    I saw your review after I got home. One thing I noticed (I could be wrong) I think y'all said the price is $2500, but Pulsar website has the price at $2999. Which is the correct price on XQ-35 Talion?

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post

Thank you Jason,
      I saw your review after I got home. One thing I noticed (I could be wrong) I think y'all said the price is $2500, but Pulsar website has the price at $2999. Which is the correct price on XQ-35 Talion?
      The correct price is $2,499. Pulsar sells at higher prices than dealers do to encourage end users to support their dealers. They really aren't in the business of direct to consumer sales.

Comment

Jason, how good is the ATN X-sight 4K Pro, 5-20X? I can get one for $600. I'll be using it mainly for hog hunting and most shots will be 100 yds or less. gonna put it on my AR, 243 caliber

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          Jason, how good is the ATN X-sight 4K Pro, 5-20X? I can get one for $600. I'll be using it mainly for hog hunting and most shots will be 100 yds or less. gonna put it on my AR, 243 caliber
          I would stay far far away from anything ATN. If you get one that works, they are ok, but getting one that works is the problem. ATN is always discounted and for sale used and cheap for a reason. I was an ATN dealer many years ago and I dropped them because of the non-stop endless problems and horrible customer service. Also there were business practices that I found extremely unethical and I'm sure customers would too if they knew about them.

Stick with Sightmark or the AGM Neith, both are really great optics and very affordable as well. Feel free to give us a call, we'd love to have your business and will be glad to walk you through all the options. (877)350-1818

Comment

what models do you recommend in those brands ? I want to stay in the $6-800 range

Comment

I’m interested in the AGM Varmint TS35-384 and the TS35-640. Is the resolution worth it? I’ll be using it on hogs and coyotes. I wanted one with a rangefinder and small enough to use as a handheld if needed/wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                what models do you recommend in those brands ? I want to stay in the $6-800 range
                I would look at the AGM Neith and the Sightmark Wraith 4K units. There are three Wraith 4K's and there is way too much to get into comparing each of them and the Neith as well. I'd suggest giving us a call one day and one of us will be more than happy to help you narrow it down and then figure out which one would suit you best. All of them are within that price range and have excellent image quality.

(877)350-1818
                We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Comment

Originally posted by ldgary View Post
                  I’m interested in the AGM Varmint TS35-384 and the TS35-640. Is the resolution worth it? I’ll be using it on hogs and coyotes. I wanted one with a rangefinder and small enough to use as a handheld if needed/wanted.
                  The huge thing to consider when it comes to comparing optics of different resolutions is the magnification is WAY more important. You aren't comparing apples and apples unless the magnifications match, which they don't in this case. The TS35-384 is a 3x base mag and the TS35-640 is a 2x. If you're shooting a lot over 60-75 yards (likely if you need a LRF and are hunting coyotes) then you'll be better served by more than a 2x base mag scope. I honestly don't have near enough of the puzzle pieces to give you a firm suggestion but knowing what I know from what you said, I'd be leaning towards the TS35-384. But again, I get get more info and that would change. The Varmints are nice little optics that would function as a handheld as well.

You could also consider something like the iRay GL35R that is small and really compact and would be a great handheld as well as a scope.Both it and the Varmint will offer a lot of bang for the buck.

Give us a call and Hans, Ashley or myself will be happy to discuss the options with you and make a suggestion on what we really think will work best for you after we hear a little more about your hunting situation. We'd love to have your business when you're ready to make the leap. (877)350-1818

- Jason

Comment

Just ordered the pulsar talion XQ35 pro. Can’t wait to get it set up and introduce it to my swine buddies

Comment

Sean's first Thermal night hunt. One Hog down.6.5 Grendel, Pulsar Thermion XP50

Comment

Wife bought me a Wraith HD for Christmas. It’s the 4-32 version.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                          Just ordered the pulsar talion XQ35 pro. Can’t wait to get it set up and introduce it to my swine buddies
                          I got the Talion XG35 and did some night calling for the first time tonight. Ear holed a bobcat at 180 yds. Love this thing!

Comment

I am out of elevation adjustments with Wraith. I am about an inch low while using my PSA 6.5 Grendel upper. Is there a solution to solve this?

Comment

Been messing with the newer pulsar merger lrf xl50 binos and those things are just plain stupid lol

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                                I am out of elevation adjustments with Wraith. I am about an inch low while using my PSA 6.5 Grendel upper. Is there a solution to solve this?
                                fixed, all I did was mov it forward and tighten it back down.

Comment

Working...
                                X