No announcement yet.

2023 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

285 likes, 32 comments - Sightmark | Offical IG of Sightmark (@sightmark) on Instagram: "When night falls... hogs fall. #Sightmark #MakeYourMark #Wraith #ComingSoon"

Anyway to watch without an instagram account?

Comment

Hello Jason,
      Just finishing up my 6.5 Grendel and struggling on which thermal optic to go with (Pulsar or AGM Adder). I'm looking at a budget of about $3000 with ease of use the primary object (I'm close to 70y.o. and not very smart), or are they all pretty difficult to understand and use.
      Thanks
      Rudy

Comment

Pegged a chicken killer with Rattler 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          Hey Bert, there are several good options in the $2,500 and less price range. If you can swing the $2,500 there is the Pulsar Talion XQ38, AGM Rattler TS35-384 and a couple more options. If you really want to stick closer to the $2,000 range then the AGM Rattler TS25-384 is a great option.

When you're ready to really narrow it down and want to figure out what will work best for your situation and budget, feel free to give us a call and we'll be glad to help you sort it out and offer out 2 cents on what will work best for you.

Outdoor Legacy
          (877)350-1818

Jason

This is spot on advice!

Comment

As I'm sure you can see from the video that is a teaser from Sightmark showing a thermal optic. I can't say any more now due to a non-disclosure agreement but I can say that you need to tune into The Late Night Vision Show on Wednesday May 3rd for a full announcement and interview directly with Sightmark. Then check back on Thursday May 4th for our full field review of the optic.

You can find us on The Late Night Vision Show on on Youtube if you'd like to watch the video or any regular podcast app for the audio only version.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheLateNightVisionShow

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
              Pegged a chicken killer with Rattler 35.

I've been super impressed with my Rattler 35-384 (especially for the price I got it for ). I've been using my Super Yoter Clip On as a hand held, and the Rattler to shoot. Makes for a great combo.

Comment

I've been looking at the Pulsar Thermion 2XQ50 LRF PRO 3-12x. But if I'm going to pay $4K for that, is it worth just biting the bullet and spending $5K on Thermion 2XP50 PRO 2-16x? How big of a difference is it in clarity/quality? $1000 worth of difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
                  Hello Jason,
                  Just finishing up my 6.5 Grendel and struggling on which thermal optic to go with (Pulsar or AGM Adder). I'm looking at a budget of about $3000 with ease of use the primary object (I'm close to 70y.o. and not very smart), or are they all pretty difficult to understand and use.
                  Thanks
                  Rudy
                  Hey Rudy we'll be glad to help. I'd need to know more details about your hunting situation, shooting distances, terrain, rifle style etc. The magnification you need/want is going to play a major factor in which optic to look for. Both AGM and Pulsar have some nice optics in that price range. I'd suggest giving us a call when you have a few minutes and Hans, Ashley or myself will be glad to talk to you, ask a few more questions and point you in the right direction! (877)350-1818

Thanks!

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                    I've been looking at the Pulsar Thermion 2XQ50 LRF PRO 3-12x. But if I'm going to pay $4K for that, is it worth just biting the bullet and spending $5K on Thermion 2XP50 PRO 2-16x? How big of a difference is it in clarity/quality? $1000 worth of difference?
                    It depends....the XQ50 Pro LRF is 3x, 384x288 and it has a LRF. The XP50 Pro is 2x 640x480 and no LRF. (The XP50 LRF model is $6k). So it's really not an apples and apples comparison. You could get the XQ50 Pro with no LRF for $3,500, so that puts $1,500 difference between them. Then you also need to consider the XQ35 Pro 2.5x for $3k.....

In my opinion it depends on a couple things.....do you need 2x or 3x and do you have a handheld scanner? If you don't have a scanner, I'd rather put that extra $1,500 towards a handheld thermal but again, way too many details we don't know to say for sure.

I hate to always say "call us" but these are huge decisions with thousands of dollars on the line and you can't have a good in depth conversation on the internet. One little detail left out can absolutely change our recommendation.

Holler at us, we'll be glad to walk you through the options.

Jason
                    (877)350-1818

Comment

I think everything is on Back Order right now anyways, I looked on Pulsar Website and everything was out of stock.

Comment

Dancing coyote.

Comment

what else did you kill to the right? was that a deer?

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                            what else did you kill to the right? was that a deer?
                            Bait pig.

Comment

It depends....the XQ50 Pro LRF is 3x, 384x288 and it has a LRF. The XP50 Pro is 2x 640x480 and no LRF. (The XP50 LRF model is $6k). So it's really not an apples and apples comparison. You could get the XQ50 Pro with no LRF for $3,500, so that puts $1,500 difference between them. Then you also need to consider the XQ35 Pro 2.5x for $3k.....

In my opinion it depends on a couple things.....do you need 2x or 3x and do you have a handheld scanner? If you don't have a scanner, I'd rather put that extra $1,500 towards a handheld thermal but again, way too many details we don't know to say for sure.

I hate to always say "call us" but these are huge decisions with thousands of dollars on the line and you can't have a good in depth conversation on the internet. One little detail left out can absolutely change our recommendation.

Holler at us, we'll be glad to walk you through the options.

Jason
                              (877)350-1818
                              Appreciate it. I’ll give you a call when I’m a little closer to purchasing. Told my wife I wouldn’t spend any savings or paycheck on it, so I’m building up poker winnings and doing an odd job here or there. Rifle is built, and I’m about halfway on paying for the scope.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                                I think everything is on Back Order right now anyways, I looked on Pulsar Website and everything was out of stock.
                                Good news! We have every single Pulsar scope in stock on the shelf ready to ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X