Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Optimal ammo weight for 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bergara barked and performed well, 2 shots of 150 gr Nosler Accubond

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Just curious but what scopes are ya'll running that gets sub .5 groups.

Comment

I run 165 gr Fusions in my APR 16” with SiCo Omega. I can’t shoot as good as that setup can.

Wife runs 165gr Federal Premium GameKings. .5 moa. From a 16” REM AACSD with SiCo Omega.

Zeiss HD5 on both

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

Mine is an old school Leupold Mark 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
              Nikon prostaff 3-9x50 that I picked up brand new at a garage sale for $100.

I don’t know if my pictures group is .5” or not, but I’d say it’s probably .75”.

Comment

Optimal ammo weight for 308

I like 165 -168 gr. With 1-10 twist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had great luck with 150-165 gr. bullets in the 308. Less successful with 180 gr. They are accurate, but the 308 doesn't have enough posterior to take advantage of the weight. I think the heavy weight bullets would suffer even more, unless you want to go subsonic.

Comment

My brother has the exact same gun and almost sent it back to Bergara. He was ready to just get rid of it. We own several Bergaras, and they are all shooters. He tried 4 different rounds and all were equally inconsistent. What it didn’t like: 180 federal fusion, 150 Hornady American whitetail, 165 Hornady American whitetail, and 178 Hornady ELDX. The guy he buys guns from told him to try some match ammo before he did anything, and he had some 168 Hornady Match. With the match, he put 2 rounds in the same hole. He was glad it shot but didn’t want to hunt with this round.

He tried one more before he got rid of it and ordered some Barnes 168 TTSX BT. The 168 Barnes was the ticket, and the gun shoots it like it did the match round.

Comment

Working...
                    X