No announcement yet.

410s and turkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only takes a single pellet in the brain pan to kill a turkey. Just aim at the head and don't flinch

Comment

My buddy kills them every year with .410/TSS ammo combo.

Comment

It’s bad medicine for them. I really love it chasing Merriams in the mountains. It’s so much lighter to pack around. I killed these three birds with mine in three different set ups that morning. They flopped just the same as a 12 gauge would have.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
          15 yard shot after getting the red dot set up
          ^^^^^ This
          I bought my stepson a savage/stevens 410 like in this pic and it comes with an extra full choke and a rail for an optic. The browning invector chokes work in them so you can swap out to what you want. This was a model made for the Federal TSS turkey load for the 410. the tightness of the patterns holds together pretty well out at longer distances than you would think.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bone View Post
            It’s bad medicine for them. I really love it chasing Merriams in the mountains. It’s so much lighter to pack around. I killed these three birds with mine in three different set ups that morning. They flopped just the same as a 12 gauge would have.

Man I wanna go do that. I want to shoot one with the bright white fan tips to do a full mount on

Comment

I just picked up a Stevens 301 Turkey gun and am planning on leaving the 12ga. pump at home this season. Have a few boxes of target loads and 2 boxes of TSS on the way also. Gonna put a Redfield dot on top and (hopefully) lay one out!

Comment

Ok, so I shot my new Stevens 301.410 this weekend using both the factory and Kicks Gobblin Thunder chokes. I was less than impressed shooting the Federal TSS 3" #9 loads. I wouldn't shoot it past 30yds. with this configuration. What chokes do you recommend for shooting .410 TSS ammo? I know Carlsons, Jebs, Indian Creek, and Comp N Choke all make .410 turkey chokes...

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                  Ok, so I shot my new Stevens 301.410 this weekend using both the factory and Kicks Gobblin Thunder chokes. I was less than impressed shooting the Federal TSS 3" #9 loads. I wouldn't shoot it past 30yds. with this configuration. What chokes do you recommend for shooting .410 TSS ammo? I know Carlsons, Jebs, Indian Creek, and Comp N Choke all make .410 turkey chokes...
                  I was going to order one of the jebs after how well it worked in my wife's 20 ga. Not sure how it would work with the tss . I normally use regular lead 6-7.5

Comment

Working...
                  X