No announcement yet.

Short Suppressed Rifle Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you buy a barrel for this? I was looking at picking up a P33 and adding a removable foldable stock, but this could serve a similar purpose

[quote=Raider4044;16496039]
    Originally posted by hog_down View Post

Guess, I left that out. Haha
    .22 LR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=aggiec05;16500512]did you buy a barrel for this? I was looking at picking up a P33 and adding a removable foldable stock, but this could serve a similar purpose

Yes, it’s a 4.5” CMMG .22 LR barrel. You can buy the barrel and bcg as a set from CMMG. Right to Bear is probably the cheapest place to get them. They are made by CMMG, just rebranded.

Also, Black Dog Machine mags are the way to go. CMMG mags are ok, but the black dogs are much better.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterB View Post

Not my rifle, but has inspired what I want to build for the ultimate suppressed deer rifle. I’ll get there one day. If you google suppressed ruger #1 you’ll find the build info laid out.

Oh man… that’s sexy.

Comment

I just rebarreled a savage to 6CM with an 18" barrel.

Next is a 20-22" 7mm PRC on a tikka action LH. I really like the dbm for tikka on the 7-08 above, will allow us to handload for the PRC

Comment

Not my rifle, but has inspired what I want to build for the ultimate suppressed deer rifle. I’ll get there one day. If you google suppressed ruger #1 you’ll find the build info laid out.

Geez that #1 looks bad *** ! I want one

Comment

Guess I’m gonna fall down another rabbit hole. Thanks for this lol

Comment

Short Suppressed Rifle Ideas

I’ve always thought the obsession with #1s was ridiculous, still do, but that one’s actually kinda cool.

Last edited by Raider4044; 11-13-2022, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Just got this one back. Ruger american 300 win mag. It was originally the go wild edition. I had it cut down to 20 inches, and dropped into a b&c stock. Should be a shooter now… for its intended purpose. It was 1.25 moa before with 180 sst superformance. Hoping it tightens up some. Now just gotta order my sandman s. My mack bros won’t cover a 20 inch 300 as min barrel length is 24 for that cal.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What kind of numbers does a 20” win mag get?

Comment

I’ll let you know, but read some stuff online about it being as fast or faster than a 24 inch 30-06. I know that with handloads using a fast burning powder I can probably make up some of what was lost.

Comment

Have always been intrigued by the Jtac Elf Owl’s so when I ran across one new in the box, I jumped on it. Glad I did. This thing is a hoot (pun intended) to shoot! 6.5 Grendel.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I let mine eat Monday
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	E4E85C29-DBBB-4932-90B9-E37E9A236AC9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	373.0 KB
ID:	24701413

Comment

Tagged

Comment

They make a sig cross with a 16” barrel. Factory threaded, adjustable stock, capability to mount stuff

Comment

Here is an APR carbon in 16” 308. I’m going to get an H&R youth 243 cut to 16” for my grandson. Was going to take it to Briley but they want $275 for a cut and thread.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X