Ammo Shortage Update Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hotrodd View Post
    Carter’s Country in Spring has had a decent supply of ammo the last 3 times I’ve been.

There on a 1 box limit now for hunting loads and that’s if you use the range or are buying a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About 2 months ago, I saw 30-06 but nothing recently. In fact I bought 5 boxes then and then got on here and bought a 30-06 in the classifieds

Comment

Why make something people buy 50-100 rounds of when people will buy 5,000 fmj they can’t shoot most places.

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
        Scheels in The Colony had a pretty good selection of most hunting calibers when I was in there last week. Cabelas and Bass Pro are the same as Academy, tons of .308 and .223 and literally nothing else. I guess the manufacturer’s figured they needed to make sure all the morons who are stockpiling ammo for the end times get taken care of before the people who actually use guns for hunting.

Comment

I should have some 243 I can part with soon. Haven’t seen 270, but have seen 30-06 and quite a bit of 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
            For the last couple of months 308 Win and 223 Rem hunting ammo has been piling up at the Academy stores that I frequent several days a week. I am talking at least 4 to 5 different makers with multiple bullet weights/styles. I seldom if ever see .243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 270 Win, or 30-06 hunting ammo in stock. Are you guys seeing any Academy stores, or any other sporting goods stores, with a decent supply of hunting ammo in the above noted calibers, excluding 308 Win and 223 Rem, and if so where?
            Saw Hornady 6.5 cr at Academy in The Woodlands this week. No 30-06 but had 224 Valkyrie and 45-70. Plenty of the NATO rounds as you mentioned

Comment

Try finding 7x57 Mauser, ain't happening!
              Grits

Comment

I shopped 3 Academys between Friday and Saturday. They were loaded up. One had 30-06, 243, and 300WM. Most all were loaded with 22, 17, 223,556, 308, 40, 45, 9mm, 380, and lots more. Friday, the boy that keeps the ammo stocked at my local store told me that Corporate said they would be getting a truck every weekday with ammo on it, till the end of Nov. They didn't say what kind, just that all the stores will get it. Friday night's truck will be on the shelves Saturday mornings. But there was a lot on the shelves Friday evening when I went.
                I picked up a 200 round box of 380 for the brass. And 3 boxes of Critical Defense at one store. And some Win 380 at another that had the other two also.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-04-2021, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I'm stocked up on my 300 wm,25 boxes, and my wife's 22.250, 20 boxes. All before this carp started.

Comment

Saw 270 at Bass Pro in Katy today. 10 am

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                      Anyone know we’re 22-250 are at??
                      Cabelas is shipping Winchester VarmintX @$30. Free ship if you buy 2 boxes,or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
                        Try finding 7x57 Mauser, ain't happening!
                        Grits

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          I can’t find anything on ammoseek except military
                          Do they carry anything for hunting I didn’t want to sigh up for yet another ammunition waiting list
                          I found 2 boxes of trophy bonds , but @ $70 per box on a different site
                          Premium / quality is at major price premium

Ammoseek 30-30 150 Winchester super X =$60 a box
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-04-2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I’m seeing more & more at Walmart’s
                            30-06
                            6.5 cm

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                              I’m seeing more & more at Walmart’s
                              30-06
                              6.5 cm
                              Which Walmarts have ammo in DFW? The ones in Dallas County I’ve been to don’t have it.

Comment

I always laughed that the "buy so and so because you can go into any feed store and can buy a box of ammo" arguments. This shortage did prove to me why owning .22lr, .223, .308, 9mm, and 12ga are good.

Comment

Working...
                                X