Ammo Shortage Update Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo Shortage Update Questions

For the last couple of months 308 Win and 223 Rem hunting ammo has been piling up at the Academy stores that I frequent several days a week. I am talking at least 4 to 5 different makers with multiple bullet weights/styles. I seldom if ever see .243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 270 Win, or 30-06 hunting ammo in stock. Are you guys seeing any Academy stores, or any other sporting goods stores, with a decent supply of hunting ammo in the above noted calibers, excluding 308 Win and 223 Rem, and if so where?
    Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 11-04-2021, 03:39 PM.

I haven’t.. that’s why I bought another 308 and 223.. lol

Comment

I have alerts set up at multiple retailers to get an email when certain ammo is in stock. 308 and 223 are fairly frequent. 243, 30-06, 270 and 30-30 are few and far between. 444 Marlin has been **** near impossible to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No joy on 243 -300 wm , .308 & 223 is plentiful, but mainly garbage FMJ , hunting rounds in
        Quality is sparse, mainly federal wt or Norma

Comment

Carter’s Country in Spring has had a decent supply of ammo the last 3 times I’ve been.

Comment

I noticed that the other day too...I think it's a sign the slow catch up for retail is coming. Get the most popular / high volume covered & switch tooling over. You can find most any of the common rounds online, but it's just gonna cost a bunch.

I'm curious to see where long term pricing is going to settle.

Comment

Anyone know we’re 22-250 are at??

Comment

I shoot a 204 and cant even find that. Rare gun but no dice on the ammo. I found 243 this summer and bought it before I ever bought the gun. If you buy a 243 at academy they have a box of ammo for you so you have something to shoot.

Comment

I know I can get .308 nato rounds at every store for cheap but really don’t need it. Would love to come across some federal fusion .308, haven’t seen it in over a year.

Comment

Ditto on the .308 & .223 at my Academy visits.

Comment

I saw 30-06 in College Station today.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                        Anyone know we’re 22-250 are at??

Comment

No shot 12ga shot shells now.

Comment

Definitely annoyed with all the 223 fmjs. Need so or hp to shoot around here so I just don’t buy it. I am seeing 223 and 308 covering multiple shelves and end caps. Scheels in Dfw has plenty of 6 creed, 300win mag, 308,30-06 270 and such

Comment

Scheels in The Colony had a pretty good selection of most hunting calibers when I was in there last week. Cabelas and Bass Pro are the same as Academy, tons of .308 and .223 and literally nothing else. I guess the manufacturer’s figured they needed to make sure all the morons who are stockpiling ammo for the end times get taken care of before the people who actually use guns for hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X