No announcement yet.

PCP air rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing that is so impressive about the FX guns is the bottle guns have such high capacity of rounds between refills. For their 25's they're over twice what I get out of my Cricket and the Crickets are better than the Vulcan I have, though I shoot the Vulcan more... I'm a lefty and that side lever on the Cricket digs into my cheek when I mount the gun... really uncomfortable to shoot. The Vulcan has a forward lever and it's ambidextrous... That's another thing I like about the FX guns. Most of them will allow for switching the cocking lever over for a lefty.

Comment

Maybe if I unload my Browning X-bolt 338 win mag I could have room in the safe for one dem FX guns and some $$$ to cover the cost.

Comment

Gettin closer. 970fps on the .25 cal
        https://youtu.be/bu0ak_Cf-eg start at 11 min mark
        We've got a great price on the Hatsan Blitz Full Auto PCP Air Rifle. Get a great price and expert advice at Pyramyd for your next outdoor adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          Maybe if I unload my Browning X-bolt 338 win mag I could have room in the safe for one dem FX guns and some $$$ to cover the cost.

Pm me about your 338, kinda interested

Comment

I'm going to bite the bullet and get a gauntlet 2. Utah Airguns has the best price and the .25 is in stock right now. Pellets are another question... I can't decide if I want to go the scuba route (my brother has tanks I can borrow) or just get a yong heng pump from ebay and fill it directly.

As far as scopes, I regrettably sold my wraith and now the prices have jumped $200. So... I have coons that need to be dispatched so I may have to put up a light and just use a decent scope.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
              I'm going to bite the bullet and get a gauntlet 2. Utah Airguns has the best price and the .25 is in stock right now. Pellets are another question... I can't decide if I want to go the scuba route (my brother has tanks I can borrow) or just get a yong heng pump from ebay and fill it directly.

As far as scopes, I regrettably sold my wraith and now the prices have jumped $200. So... I have coons that need to be dispatched so I may have to put up a light and just use a decent scope.
              Make sure your tanks or rated for 4500 psi. Most scuba tanks I have been told are only 3000-3600 psi. A couple places online you can get retired SCBA ( fireman ) air tanks at a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Taz, you can get on The Yellow classifieds and find a good tuned Cricket or Vulcan, maybe even an Edgun for a decent price... That's where I got my .25 Cricket and it was "Earnest" tuned... Sucker has a 9oz trigger and is one hole at 50 yards... I have night vision on it now for coons after my evening bow hunts... Suckers don't know what hit 'em for a while... If there's a bunch under the feeder, you can get 3 or 4 before they figure out why their buddy suddenly drops down and starts kickin'... Those pellets whackin' a coon up side the head makes a heck of a racket!
                I check “ Yellow “ and AGN on a regular basis. Just hate dropping that kind of money on a used gun without checking it in person.
                Just found another .257 Texan SS for sale on AGN. Wife will kill me if it shows up at the house !!!!!

Comment

I'm officially spoiled now. I should not have ever shot my friend's FX M3 .25cal
                  This thing was fun and .3 groups at 30 yds. High shot count. Ran four 28 round mags thru it and the pressure barely dropped. Trigger is perfect. He had put on a cheap $100 scope with awful parallax and thick reticle and it still shot one hole groups. No doubt this is a solid 100 yard gun with good glass. The gun is still on it's factory tune and settings. Now if I can just figure out how to get me one of these bad boys.

Comment

I'm officially spoiled now. I should not have ever shot my friend's FX M3 .25cal
                    This thing was fun and .3 groups at 30 yds. High shot count. Ran four 28 round mags thru it and the pressure barely dropped.. Now if I can just figure out how to get me one of these bad boys.
                    Sell 1-2 of your rifles that are collecting dust and rarely get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                      Make sure your tanks or rated for 4500 psi. Most scuba tanks I have been told are only 3000-3600 psi. A couple places online you can get retired SCBA ( fireman ) air tanks at a decent price.
                      Roger that. I don't think any of the steel or aluminum can take that kind of pressure. Ideally I'd just borrow a steel 3446 and hook it up to the rifle. It will stay well above the regulator pressure for a very long time as I believe it's around 2200 or so. As long as tank pressure is above that, it's good to go.

The yong heng el cheapo that everyone buys will pressure it up to 4500, though, if I want to mess with that.

Comment

Get the carbon fiber wrapped 4500psi paintball tank. Maybe look for a used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Went ahead and bit the bullet. Ordered the FX Impact M3 Sniper in .25 caliber. Neat thing about this rifle is the ability to change barrels and go up to .357. Bout 6 weeks lead time. OUCH!
                          Now all I need to find is somethin to air it up with that doesn't look like a bicycle pump.
                          What's the best bang for the buck that's got good reliability?

I see a lot of these mentioned. Are they any good?

GX PCP PUMP 30MPA 4500PSI High Pressure Air Compressor PCP Airgun Scuba Air Pump

Comment

I use a CF tank, haven't bought a compressor yet. Before buying on impulse or looking to save $20, research, research, research. Look over the airgun forums and find what compressor is the most dependable and recommended. Call the various retailers and ask questions, take notes. Also reach out to the airgun manufacturers to see if they will help with your search. You have 6 weeks to decide, don't buy the wrong compressor as your first investment. Go spend time with your friends and see how user-friendly it is.

Congrats on entering the PCP rifle addiction. You will find spare time to shoot your new toy because it's so much fun.

Comment

Went ahead and bit the bullet. Ordered the FX Impact M3 Sniper in .25 caliber. Neat thing about this rifle is the ability to change barrels and go up to .357. Bout 6 weeks lead time. OUCH!
                              Now all I need to find is somethin to air it up with that doesn't look like a bicycle pump.

GX PCP PUMP 30MPA 4500PSI High Pressure Air Compressor PCP Airgun Scuba Air Pump
                              Sweet!

Comment

Welcome to the addiction!! What I really want to do is order that Impact M3 Sniper in .357 and get a .25 barrel...

Where did you order yours from?

Comment

Working...
                                X