Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does everyone need a magnum caliber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    My old CZ 30-06 recoiled harder than my 300 win mag. It was insanity lol
    True Dat! My fathers old ADL caught meat on both ends so I took the old aluminum butt plate off and replaced it with a Pachmeyer and my wife even likes to shoot it now!

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
      Ya guys Know they actually kill animals with ARROWS!!!!!!!!
      Yes but which is better, light, fast arrows or heavy hard hitting arrows?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        My old CZ 30-06 recoiled harder than my 300 win mag. It was insanity lol
        My dad has a No1. red pad 3006. I won't shoot that donkey kicking SOB.

Comment

I've been shooting my Remington 700 BDL in 300 win mag with 180 gr Core Lokt since 1988. Everything I've shot at has died and was recovered, 2 mule deer over 400 yds. I haven't bought a rifle since. I am in the one gun for all group. Next up, elk, moose, caribou, bear, etc.

Comment

I don't own one as it's not necessary for my current hunting & not a fan of recoil if it's not in the application...I shoot a 280ai as my go to which is on the heels of the 7mag sans recoil. I would however love to own a 257 Roy at some point.

Comment

I bought a 7mag when I was about 25. Sighted it in at the range and took it to Colorado. Never fired it up there. Brought that kicking sob home and sold it. Bought a 375 h&h 20 years ago with the hope of east Africa buff hunt. That never played out so I shot one doe in s texas. Ran 20 yes with a 2 foot wid blood trail. That gun is still in my safe just in case any of my kids get to Africa. Now the only gun I hunt with is my grendel. Kills whitetails as good as my 25-06, my 30-06, and my 243.

Comment

Originally posted by kwarw View Post
                And you could load 3- 223's with the amount of powder in the 300 WM!
                There isn't anything wrong with the magnums it's just over kill (pun intended) most of the time.

You can kill most anything with a Ford Focus! You don't need an 80,000 # Peterbilt most of the time.
                Oh dang! The Focus/Peterbuilt comment!
                Yep. 74.5 grains of powder for the 300, and 25ish (memory fails at the moment) for the 556

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  but the 300wm would have killed it better ... just saying ! lol
                  That is true.
                  300wm =deader 'n hell-o!

Comment

I shoot a 300wsm, love it for all our game up here.
                    For me I wanted a flatter shooting 30 cal than my 308 but not a long action magnum.
                    When the 300wsm came out I looked at the ballistics and thought it might work for me, it sure has.
                    Recoil is what I load it to be, and it's not that bad. I load 165-168 gr bonded bullets for all my hunting.
                    I've taken everything from a blue grouse, head shot, to cow bison with it.
                    I wanted 1 rifle for my Wyoming hunting and the 300wsm has been great for me.

It kills hogs and Texas whitetail on occasion too.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                      Ya guys Know they actually kill animals with ARROWS!!!!!!!!
                      So would a compound bow be considered a “magnum arrow launcher “ compared to a stick bow?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        So would a compound bow be considered a “magnum arrow launcher “ compared to a stick bow?
                        I guess in that case a Xbow would be an Ultra Mag ?

Comment

To each their own I guess. I’ve never felt the desire to own a magnum rifle cartridge but pistols? Man I do like the big bores.

I’ve actually had people tell me that I was under gunned for using a .270 on WT. One said a 7mm mag was minimum and another the .300 mag.
                          So I started killing with the 5.56. This year I will use the 6.5 G.

I really don’t care what anyone else uses, just make good ethical shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                            I guess in that case a Xbow would be an Ultra Mag ?
                            Dang...you’re right! I’ll be shooting an Ultra this season.

Comment

Magnums are for those overcompensating. All I shoot is magnums. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                                Dang...you’re right! I’ll be shooting an Ultra this season.
                                Only because you just want to Right?

Comment

Working...
                                X