No announcement yet.

Flabergasted by gun prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guns and shooting has become a wealthy persons game now. Think about what things cost and how much disposable income you have for your leisure activities. I saw a meme that said"You want to flaunt your wealth a bit. Shoot 9mm at 3/4plywood"
    Gun and ammo prices have not gotten crazy until the last 12-15 years. I was able to buy from a dealer a Winchester 94 Trapper large loop 44mag 1894-1994 centennial edition for $325 in 94. Winchesters are no longer made in the USA and the 94 and Mod 70 has always been an American favorite. Now the "JM" Marlins are commanding premiums. No one is making anyone pay more than they have to. Hyundai's and Bentley's both do 55mph.
    The Axis Savage and the Blaser both shoot bullets accurately.

Comment

Bought my little brother a Rem 870 for his 16th B-day in 1972. Paid $49.95 for it new.
      My Browning Citori White Lightening was $1100 new back when I bought it. Probably double that now.

Comment

Used gun prices are based on needs and wants. How bad does the seller need the money and how bad does the buyer want the gun. Sellers that need the money usually price them lower for a quick sale or will take less than asking price. Sellers that don’t need the money will let it ride until they get their price or keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          And when no one bites on their over priced pop gun they’ll say something on the line “one more day listing then back to the safe”.
          I bet 99% don’t even have a gun safe🤪

Comment

Heck a box of magnum rifle cartridges cost more now than I paid for some of the rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
              Better be 98$ lol
              I have a brand new in the box 10/22 never been out of the box that has a
              KMART price tag on it for $57.65

I am sure I could double my money on it if I wanted to sell it

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                I bet 99% don’t even have a gun safe🤪
                But but but she’s a safe queen

Comment

i saw that Marlin 1895 SBL for 2500 in the classifieds and about passed out.... Not knocking the guys i hope he gets it. But dang.... I didnt know anything Marlin was worth $2500 unless it was a old JM in a desired model.

Comment

I like old used guns. Now days everything that i like is priced outrageously high. Way back in my youth i would buy a used Smith & Wesson model 29 for three hundred, and fifty dollars. You could buy the 4" model even cheaper, because everyone wanted the longer barrel. I'm currently looking for a leaver action Winchester, or Marlin. It's going to be a tedious hunt because I'm not paying an outrageous price. But the hunt is half the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                      i saw that Marlin 1895 SBL for 2500 in the classifieds and about passed out.... Not knocking the guys i hope he gets it. But dang.... I didnt know anything Marlin was worth $2500 unless it was a old JM in a desired model.

I’m pretty sure it shows sold. Whoever paid that price got bent over for sure.

It was all I could do to bite my tongue and not say anything in that ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Inflation plus growing economy plus supply shortages and then demand have put a big strain on items overall. If you want to take a trip down nostalgia lane, you can play with an inflation calculator: https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/.

would you pay $579.91 for that same rifle today? If you would, then you have to account for the COVID and Gun Scare taxes we're dealing with. And yes, on top of all this, there are guns that are way overpriced and some people with more money than sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          I’m pretty sure it shows sold. Whoever paid that price got bent over for sure.

It was all I could do to bite my tongue and not say anything in that ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hear you, brother. If they wanna price it high, God bless 'em, if they can find an idiot that's willing to pay it. That guy will NEVER be me.......on either end of the deal.

Comment

Working...
                          X