Flabergasted by gun prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post
    Dang...I sure wish things would stay the same price forever and my salary would keep going up.
    And if we are just wishing, I wish Marisa Tomei would personally deliver my brand new truck along with my first Publishers Clearing House check and … uhh, sorry I drifted, what were we talking about?

Oh yeah, acute flabbergasting due to current gun prices …

Comment

I’ll go ahead and say it, I ain’t scared- there are price gougers on here for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        The gun that killed Billy the Kid just sold for over $6,000,000. Just some old revolver...probably can't even shoot it.
        Billy the kid didn't die like that. How did they make young guns 2??

Hmmmm....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
          Billy the kid didn't die like that. How did they make young guns 2??

Hmmmm....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
          And the much superior, Young Guns II.

Comment

Have a few older rifles I was going to list. Can’t find anything to compare prices to, so was going to go by what a couple gun shops told me. Dang I’m scared to list them now.

Comment

Most things are not much more expensive, but dollars are worth less every day that's fiat currency for you. Not anchored to anything.

Comment

I'm from way back too. I have a Rem 550A that I bought used in '66 for $15. First Rem 788 I bought in '68 for $67 new. 22 shells were about 50 cents a box.
                About 8 months ago I bought a new TC Compass II with threaded barrel that will shoot sub 1/2 moa groups for $279. The scope I used to kill beaucoup deer cost me $19.95 in around '67 or so.

Comment

Houses have gone through the roof.......................

Comment

And when no one bites on their over priced pop gun they’ll say something on the line “one more day listing then back to the safe”.

Comment

Price building one. Factor in the lead time you’ll have to wait on. It’ll make the expensive used guns seem cheaper....

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        I paid 98 dollars for my ruger 10/22, brand new in the box. Wonder what I could get for it today.

If you ask over $100 you’ll be considered a “flipper”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          I paid 98 dollars for my ruger 10/22, brand new in the box. Wonder what I could get for it today.
                          Paid $77 for mine at the Cuero Walmart early 1980’s. It was the demo flood model and they didn’t have a new one in the box to sell. So the gave me that one for 15% off. My first gun purchase, still got it and it still shoots good.

Comment

I bought 2 new Ruger 10/22's exactly 1 year ago in August and paid 200 and 420 with shipping at auction on Gunbroker. One was stainless and English Walnut the cheap one was Maple and blued. Not too crazy. I just bought my first house and paid 125k but I had to hunt for a couple years to find it. But yeah if you have the hots for a Colt Python or new Bronco I'm sorry for ya.

Comment

I bought a win 94. 30-30 at a garage sale in 70’s paid I think $150, needed money later on and sold to a close friend back then for the $150, as collateral and never bought it back

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                                In 1964, minimum wage was $1.15/hr and the median annual income for the country was $6,000/year. So yeah, prices have gone up in the last 57 years, lol.
                                Ain’t that the truth. My in laws bought their current house in Sugar Land 1967 for 16,000. A couple months ago they were offered 750k cash. Everything has gone up including what people make.

Comment

Working...
                                X