No announcement yet.

Academy and IMR 4064: is this price right? Or is it gouging the consumer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is gouging, thanks to the current administration, which I'm sure some of yall voted for last year.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
      Well I have way more than you listed by a bunch and I can assure you I’m not to blame, I started my stockpile in the mid 90’s and added to it when the times were good and products cheap. I’ve been through enough of the lean times to learn my lesson decades ago. Some guys complain but it’s their own fault for not being better prepared, anyone that’s reloaded for any length of time shouldn’t be in a bind and if they are it’s their own fault IMO

The newer guys will have learned the lesson I learned years ago and will be like me in 20 years with way to much stuff.

Absolutely spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’d pay that, price gouging is selling it for $99 a lb like a local shop tried to do about a 8months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          $45 / lb. ??? yeah, its gouging.

No it isn’t. Some of it may be because of demand but my normal hole in the wall place has raised prices because they are being charged more at wholesale.

If you want to see “gouging” jump on Gunbroker real quick.

And it’s only gouging if you pay that and it’s your own fault.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            I need that much. Who are you to tell me what and how much of anything I need? Are you a democrat? You sound like one,

If it weren't for the "hoarders" the situation would be a lot worse. The "hoarders" don't buy when prices are inflated and supplies are limited. They buy when the inevitable glut occurs and prices drop. If they didn't "hoard" they'd be in competition with the ill prepared during a shortage.

Another spot on post.

Comment

I need that much. Who are you to tell me what and how much of anything I need? Are you a democrat? You sound like one,

If it weren't for the "hoarders" the situation would be a lot worse. The "hoarders" don't buy when prices are inflated and supplies are limited. They buy when the inevitable glut occurs and prices drop. If they didn't "hoard" they'd be in competition with the ill prepared during a shortage.
              Yep. It's called stock..
              I'm no hoarder but, under normal conditions, I should have all that I will ever need and enough for several generations that follow.. I won't sell a bullet unless it's to a friend in dire need.. I buy to keep.

Comment

Talked to the guys at a local gun store, they have people coming through several times a week buying whatever they can. Never been customers before now they pass through 3-4 times a week buying whatever ammo or reloading supplies are available. They are one of the big reasons regular customers can't find supplies at normal retail prices.

I stay pretty well stocked but when I start loading for a new caliber and need a new powder I don't like competing with these guys who have time to hit every gun store in 50 miles. These guys are causing as much of the problem as the new shooters or covid.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                    Talked to the guys at a local gun store, they have people coming through several times a week buying whatever they can. Never been customers before now they pass through 3-4 times a week buying whatever ammo or reloading supplies are available. They are one of the big reasons regular customers can't find supplies at normal retail prices.

I stay pretty well stocked but when I start loading for a new caliber and need a new powder I don't like competing with these guys who have time to hit every gun store in 50 miles. These guys are causing as much of the problem as the new shooters or covid.
                    Greedy gun shop owners. They should only sell to regular customers.

I’ll let you in on a little secret. Regular customers that spend a lot of money get to go in the store room. Not everything goes on the shelf in every gun shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                      It’s gouging. And you guys that say it ain’t are the ones that are gouging and are just trying to make yourselves feel better.
                      Another jacked up post by this guy without knowing what he's talking about. So, tell us lynn, what does Academy pay for that product? Oh, that's right, you have no clue, bro.

Comment

Question for the hoarders. How many lbs of gun powder do you currently have stored in your house?

That's what I thought

Comment

I have three safes, one for gunpowder and ammo, rated 1 hour at 1200 deg. Where is yours?

Comment

Greedy gun shop owners. They should only sell to regular customers.

I’ll let you in on a little secret. Regular customers that spend a lot of money get to go in the store room. Not everything goes on the shelf in every gun shop.
                            I’ll let you in on a little secret. Lgs owners are having a hard time getting supplies too. They can’t keep a 4 or 8 lb keg of every powder in the back room just in case a regular good customer wants it. And yes I spend a lot. Especially in these times I try to buy something almost everytime I stop in. My stack of Wilson 47Ds would stock a gun shop for a year. Gun shops are having a hard time getting popular items to sell so I try to support them through the lean times.

What have you done to help your lgs through the short supply times ?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              I have three safes, one for gunpowder and ammo, rated 1 hour at 1200 deg. Where is yours?
                              FYI, I never put all my eggs in one basket

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                                What have you done to help your lgs through the short supply times ?
                                I kept them in business during the lean times. Now it's somebody else's turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X