Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    $45 / lb. ??? yeah, its gouging.
    Lol maybe gouging doesn't mean what you think it means.

45 per lb is fine with me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
      Saw a picture today of a guy that just received 25 boxes of a 190 gr. Hornady bullet. Come on who buys 2500 at one time.
      LOL, Anyone who shoots competitions buy that many so you get the same lot numbers, I shoot way more than that in one caliber in a year.

So because you don’t shoot much your going to judge those that do, great mindset to have.

Texas Grown $45 a pound isn’t cheap but if they had it and I needed it I wouldn't even question that amount, if you ordered it your going to pay a Hazmat fee on top of the $35 a pound so that’s actually cheaper.
      Last edited by Kong; 05-22-2021, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Go buy it online and you will get it cheaper until you read the fine print about shipping. $50 shipping for hazardous material, dose not matter if it’s one pound or 10 pounds. I would have paid it and walked away tankful I found it.

Comment

If you don't need it, don't buy it.

Comment

8 months ago it was $34.

Comment

A sheet of 3/4” plywood was $30 8 months ago too (now it’s $65)...everything is inflating, and I’m assuming ammo and reloading equipment is just following suit with everything else. I don’t expect to see $30 bricks of primers or $25/LB powder ever again in my lifetime. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s gouging. And you guys that say it ain’t are the ones that are gouging and are just trying to make yourselves feel better.

Comment

I really need it so I would have bought it. You need to blame all the people stockpiling crazy numbers. 50k primers, 200 lbs powder, 30k bullets. Come on who needs that much. **** FOMO taking over.
                  I need that much. Who are you to tell me what and how much of anything I need? Are you a democrat? You sound like one,

If it weren't for the "hoarders" the situation would be a lot worse. The "hoarders" don't buy when prices are inflated and supplies are limited. They buy when the inevitable glut occurs and prices drop. If they didn't "hoard" they'd be in competition with the ill prepared during a shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    I need that much. Who are you to tell me what and how much of anything I need? Are you a democrat? You sound like one,

If it weren't for the "hoarders" the situation would be a lot worse. The "hoarders" don't buy when prices are inflated and supplies are limited. They buy when the inevitable glut occurs and prices drop. If they didn't "hoard" they'd be in competition with the ill prepared during a shortage.
                    ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                      It’s gouging. And you guys that say it ain’t are the ones that are gouging and are just trying to make yourselves feel better.
                      Yep.. I was going to say it but it won't help.. Character issues are usually irreversible..
                      If I needed an extra$50, $100 or $200 that bad I would just get another job.. LOL
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 05-23-2021, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Not crying, i am prepared, I buy when I need something but not in excess. I just do the right thing.
                        What is the "right thing" for you might not be for me, or the other guy. For instance, I have about 1000 rounds of .223/5.56 ammo in my closet at the moment, with the ability to reload about 500 more rounds if need be, and I don't even have a gun that shoots this round (at the moment).

Why? Because I can.....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot around a thousand rounds per month, sometimes more if I'm shooting pistols. All this hoarding and price gouging has sure cramped my style. It ain't the first time and may not be the last. Good thing I stocked up on some stuff 25 to 30 years ago Ammo is not the only thing going up. Range fees are too.
                          Seems the only thing that holding steady are firearms prices and even some of them are crazy high. I have several pistols I could double my money on right now. Rifles not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Yep.. I was going to say it but it won't help.. Character issues are usually irreversible..
                            If I needed an extra$50, $100 or $200 that bad I would just get another job.. LOL

Can you not make a comment without attacking people personally? Now an opinion that disagrees with you means people have character issues? Get over yourself.

Comment

Last edited by PondPopper; 05-23-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Academy and IMR 4064: is this price right? Or is it gouging the consumer

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post

What’s the mark-up on that jug of powder? If you don’t know then you don’t know what you’re talking about. Academy has been selling ammo at normal prices throughout this ordeal and not taking bigger mark-ups when they could. Now all of a sudden at the tail end of it you think they’re going to start gouging on 1-lb. jugs of powder when they are still selling ammo at reasonable prices?

Comment

Working...
                                X