Back Ground Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
    As an FFL this is how it works. Texas does not require anything above what the ATF does.

The buyer fills out a 4473(I don't know what the yellow sheets are? 4473s are white).

If you have a CHL, the gun gets transfered. Logged in the book and the 4473 gets filed for 20 years unless I go out of business or a few other circumstances.

If you don't have a chl then a NICS background check is performed. No gun information is provided except for the type of firearms. Long gun, pistol, receiver, etc. Logged in the book and the 4473 gets filed for 20 years unless I go out of business or a few other circumstances.

If you buy two pistols or two semi-automatic rifles within 7 days from the same FFL. Then yes the ATF and the local sheriff gets your name, address, and what guns you buy with serial numbers (they check those serial numbers with a list the manufacturer must give them.)

If the ATF requests a transfer then I provided them with the buyer's info. No contact info though. I've only done half a dozen of those in 6-7 years.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    The 4473s used to be yellow, but that was over a decade ago. The no NICS check with a chl is done at the dealer's discretion. If you have a CHL, the dealer may opt to use it as your photo ID and still run a NICS check, it's their choice. Academy and other larger big box stores will not wave the NICS check.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Samson; 04-12-2021, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X