Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

First crack at estate sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
    I didn't chime in about what he should do is because, not like some here, I don't know the answer, and to be quite honest, don't really give a crap. He should do what he wants to do, thinks what he wants to do and so forth.

Over the past year, so many "smart people" are giving out free advice about everything from I got a speeding ticket/DWI/Insert other and what should I do, to, "when should I plant the tulips in the horse crap," and like bungholes, everybody has their opinions/answers. And most are incorrect.

And if you will post up the statue where its illegal to purchase from private party, I will read.it and if be, stand corrected.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    I am an FFL and yes it is illegal to buy firearms out of state without going through an FFL. Is that the answer you are looking for?

Comment

Shame that self-appointed keyboard warriors try to castrate a guy for hoping to keep someone from some deep problems.
      From the ATF website:

TRANSFERS OF FIREARMS BY PRIVATE SELLERSAn unlicensed individual may transfer a firearm to another unlicensed individual residing in the same State, provided that he or she has no reason to believe the buyer is prohibited by law from possessing firearms. For a list of categories prohibiting a person from possessing a firearm, please refer to 18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n). An unlicensed individual is prohibited from directly transferring a firearm to aperson residing in another State. Regardless of the purpose of the transfer (e.g. gift, trade, loan, sale, ownership, etc.), this restriction applies to all types of firearms. An u nlicensed individual may complete a transfer to an out-of-State person through the following procedure: •The unlicensed individual transfers the firearm to a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) located in the State of the person receiving the firearm. •The FFL will transfer the firearm to the unlicensed out-of-State person. •The FFL will be responsible for lawfully transferring the firearm.An unlicensed individual may transfer firearms directly to FFLs operating in any State. Under Federal law, there is no recordkeeping requirement pertaining to the transfer of a firearm between two unlicensed individuals. There may exist State or local laws that pertain to the transfer, including registration requirements. Contact the appropriate State agency for information regarding such requirements. TRANSACTION ALTERNATIVES FOR PRIVATE SELLERS(*Please remember, these are not requirements, but may prove beneficial to both you and law enforcement) For private sellers wanting assurance that other private individuals are not prohibited from possessing firearms, we encourage you to consider the following options: •Transfer the firearm to the private individual through an FFL. The FFL will be responsible for conducting a background check on the person acquiring the firearm. The FFL will complete the required paperwork, OR •If you decide not to utilize the services of an FFL, examine the purchaser’s identification document to confirm that the person is a resident of your State. If you are purchasing a firearm, record the acquisition in a “Personal Firearms Record,” ATF P 3312.8. •Be sure to include all identifying information marked on the firearm, including the serial number. •List all other personal firearms in that record. •Secure the record in a location separate from where you store your firearms. •In the event the firearm is lost or stolen, this procedure will assist you in reporting the necessary information. •If authorities recover the firearm this procedure may assist you in demonstrating that you are the rightful owner of the firearm

Comment

These wouldn't be shipped, the "seller" is not interested in that.

So it would come down to can a texas resident fly to Arizona, exchange money for rifles, shotguns, and pistols with his brother in law, and then drive through New Mexico.

I will be looking into the answer to this.

Comment

Do we have a list yet?

Comment

I didn’t see any guns on your list worth traveling across the country for

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
              I didn’t see any guns on your list worth traveling across the country for
              This was my thought also. Can still get any of those three with relative ease if you want them.

Comment

Guns

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                Mmm I should probably go with you to help....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                me too, have cash....

Comment

A good source of information is Texas Law Shield. Call them up and speak directly with an attorney. You do have to be a member.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                    These wouldn't be shipped, the "seller" is not interested in that.

So it would come down to can a texas resident fly to Arizona, exchange money for rifles, shotguns, and pistols with his brother in law, and then drive through New Mexico.

I will be looking into the answer to this.
                    The answer to this is no. They will have to go through an FFL in Texas. He can either drive them here and transfer them to you through an FFL or mail them to an FFL.

Comment

Ill wager the old man didnt have a Tikka. Too new of a brand.

Lever action...Winchester Model 94 in 30-30 or some cowboy caliber that is repeated in a pistol...38 special, 44mag, 357, etc. Get the rifle, pistol and ammo.

Pass on 700 and go for Winchester Model 70 pre64...look for mauser style action...all calibers he has...buy them all now. Get a loan.

I had a buddy in the Marine Corps who when civilian sold meth. He slung a bag of crank in exchange for several 1911’s amongst one was made by Singer. Look it up. Beaucoup bucks. You stand a good chance to find a jewel.

The old man is likely gonna have had some high end over under and side by side shotguns and likely foreign rifles.

Find an old German made Nazi 7x57 Mauser and buy up all the ammo and kill every critter on the planet with confidence its already been done. Forget the 700 or model 70 existed and be happy and kill critters. Ill wager one is in the lot.

Scope all bores, sight the rifling and chambers with a light to spot rust and pitting. Thankfully its AZ and climate is conducive to low humidity and not rust.

Good luck on the sort MrTom.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-13-2021, 08:27 PM. Reason: PittingClimateSpake

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                        Do we have a list yet?
                        Won't be a list until April 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                          The answer to this is no. They will have to go through an FFL in Texas. He can either drive them here and transfer them to you through an FFL or mail them to an FFL.
                          Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            Much appreciated.
                            Yes sir. I had to do the same thing. I built my dad an AR and had to transfer it to him through an FFL in Oklahoma.

Comment

Working...
                            X