The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agm

well , I'm not so sure about AGM , my brand new Taipan now has 3 horizontal lines across the screen , the first one appeared this weekend on the upper edge of the screen at the level of the battery indicator , yesterday I was playing with my dog in the backyard and 2 more pronounced lines appeared 2/3 of the way down on the screen horizontally.. there is also a dot or bad pixel that has been there all along... i guess i'm going to find out how good their customer service is ... bought it from NVG.com and called 10 times yesterday with no one ever answering the phone... we'll see!
    Attached Files

Comment

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      I'm trying to figure out how to word this correctly. Let's just say this roll out has not gone exactly as planned and we've learned a lesson. There were good intentions and things put into the writing that never happened for many different unforeseen reasons I'm sure. This left us taking an insane amount of pre-orders on Rattlers and Taipans on the understanding that we'd be getting the quantities needed to quickly cover those orders. Again, no one has lied or intentionally misled us but the quantities of optics that are being estimated on our allocation list end up getting slashed at the last minute.

My point in this comment is to say, whatever I tell you is (again) subject to change in 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days when the info I have in writing changes.

Right now I have in writing an allocation large enough to cover your Rattler order. I had a commitment large enough to cover it 3+ weeks ago but we didn't get those quantities and it could change again. And to be clear here, we've received a lot of optics, a whole lot more than our fair share I know, but it's been a process to say the least. What we've never had anything happen in any roll out over the last 8+ years to this degree.

And to be clear, this isn't a slam against AGM, this is their first major roll out of 2 optic lines this wildly popular with so many people after them all at once. They are doing a good job of trying to manage it all, we just did too good of a job selling the optic on the pre-release because we were one of the few dealers who'd had all the models in the field for many months. When I say we did too good of a job, what I should probably say is we had an unfair advantage with all the time in the field with the optics.

At the end of the day, the lists are getting shorter and we've already caught up 2 of the 5 models in question and I hope to have them all sitting on the shelf in stock and ready to go in 3-4 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Appreciate the update. I figured the ice storm set them back a bit and shipping delays have been rampant since then but sounds like there were additional issues. I was seeing some available units here and there but those seem to have dried up as well. Hopefully they’ll get their issues straightened out and will be better able to plan/predict their shipments going forward.

Is the Super Hogster wait time as bad or worse than the AGM?

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
        well , I'm not so sure about AGM , my brand new Taipan now has 3 horizontal lines across the screen , the first one appeared this weekend on the upper edge of the screen at the level of the battery indicator , yesterday I was playing with my dog in the backyard and 2 more pronounced lines appeared 2/3 of the way down on the screen horizontally.. there is also a dot or bad pixel that has been there all along... i guess i'm going to find out how good their customer service is ... bought it from NVG.com and called 10 times yesterday with no one ever answering the phone... we'll see!
        Call AGM direct. Those guys seem to be ok with talking directly with consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
          Call AGM direct. Those guys seem to be ok with talking directly with consumers.
          AGM returned my call .. looks like they will RMA it , they are going to send me an email with the process .

Comment

NOT FOR ME, but what would yall pay for a used FLIR PTS223?

I won't touch it because FLIR is out of the business and its just not a good scope

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              NOT FOR ME, but what would yall pay for a used FLIR PTS223?

I won't touch it because FLIR is out of the business and its just not a good scope
              Here is my .02 on it. With so many budget friendlier thermals coming it out has hurt the used value of all the used optics. I personally wouldnt pay more than $1200 because you could spend $800 more and get a new scope that is a much better scope. Nothing wrong with a 233 but they are not worth now what they were worth even 6 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                Here is my .02 on it. With so many budget friendlier thermals coming it out has hurt the used value of all the used optics. I personally wouldnt pay more than $1200 because you could spend $800 more and get a new scope that is a much better scope. Nothing wrong with a 233 but they are not worth now what they were worth even 6 months ago.
                There is a market for them, but you are correct, it isn't nearly going to be a "decent return" on your money. Thermals are advancing so quickly, they lose a lot of value very quickly. In this case, with FLIR leaving consumer products behind, it really hurts the value even more. They are good solid thermals though.

Comment

I would pay $500 for it cash in hand right now. But doubt they would let it go for that low.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    both are rail mounted. scope has rail on top of it. but, mounting the IR light under the gun is a better option for less flash for follow up shots.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    I have the 66LRX coming to mount under the fore stock of my Ruger varmit special. Will the light mount that comes with the Wraith HD 2 - 16 x 28 work with that light when mounting under the fore stock ?

Comment

Just ordered the 2x Wraith to replace my 4x. Anybody need a NV scope? Gonna put the 4x in the classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                        I have the 66LRX coming to mount under the fore stock of my Ruger varmit special. Will the light mount that comes with the Wraith HD 2 - 16 x 28 work with that light when mounting under the fore stock ?
                        Where did you order the from? There are different "kits" that have different components. My 66LRX came with a picatinny mount. If the original bracket fits, it's going to be a very tight fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                          Where did you order the from? There are different "kits" that have different components. My 66LRX came with a picatinny mount. If the original bracket fits, it's going to be a very tight fit.
                          I got it straight from sniper hog lights. I messed up and didn’t get the kit with the bracket. Its due in a few days so I can’t test it out yet. It’s a Birthday present for the wife so if I need a different bracket I’d like to go ahead and get it in order. Thought maybe somebody already had that setup as the light upgrade is pretty popular.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                            I got it straight from sniper hog lights. I messed up and didn’t get the kit with the bracket. Its due in a few days so I can’t test it out yet. It’s a Birthday present for the wife so if I need a different bracket I’d like to go ahead and get it in order. Thought maybe somebody already had that setup as the light upgrade is pretty popular.

You might be able to bend it open a bit to slide it on and then tighten it with the Allen screws. I tried to slip it on mine and it was very tight. I didn’t want to force it but you might be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                              Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                              There is a market for them, but you are correct, it isn't nearly going to be a "decent return" on your money. Thermals are advancing so quickly, they lose a lot of value very quickly. In this case, with FLIR leaving consumer products behind, it really hurts the value even more. They are good solid thermals though.
                              100% agree. My buddy offered him $800. He wanted $1500 but he won't get that.

FLIR sucks

Comment

Couple of quick coyote kill videos from last night. Using red monochrome on the Thermion.

Comment

Working...
                                X