Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Who just digs that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    I've got a suppressor on my AR, but I'm not sticking one of those ugly suckers on one of my bolt guns or my single shot. I wear ear protection even when hunting. I've forgotten my ear protection once with my 6.5 PRC and the muzzle brake on my Mesa nearly blew my hat off. I've forgotten my muffs once or twice since then, but when I realize it I just decide I'm not shooting.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

About a year and a half ago I was delivering a rifle for a buddy. He said I could shoot it if I wanted, so I grabbed a box of 45-70 and took it out one day at lunch. I got out, and put a single round down range. I immediately ejected the remaining shells, turned around, out the rifle back in its case, and headed home. I remembered exactly why I haven’t shot a rifle unsuppressed in the last 7-8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 44magnum View Post
      This! Suppressed = easier follow up shots and capability of taking more critters.
      This is for sure a fact as well. The number of doubles and triples we have killed on coyote stands has increased dramatically since we all started running suppressed rifles. And if you do happen to miss one a lot of times now you can kill him with the second one as a lot of times they don't run near as fast or far and will a lot of times look back at you again.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        I've got a suppressor on my AR, but I'm not sticking one of those ugly suckers on one of my bolt guns or my single shot. I wear ear protection even when hunting. I've forgotten my ear protection once with my 6.5 PRC and the muzzle brake on my Mesa nearly blew my hat off. I've forgotten my muffs once or twice since then, but when I realize it I just decide I'm not shooting.
        Would rather shoot an ugly beater of a rifle that is quiet than a pretty one that will help me go deaf.

Comment

I love shooting guns, suppressed or not. But the noise is one of the big reasons I switched to archery to hunt. I love the silence of nature and getting close to animals. And being able to shoot at a chew can lid or bottle cap or what ever, and not announce your presents to everything and every one around is huge. At the range, or birds I love shooting firearms, I am wearing ear protection any ways so it don’t matter if it’s not suppressed. I do not like the extra length that a suppressor adds, nor the look to either a rifle or handgun, so I don’t own a suppressed firearm, but many of my friends prefer them, so I get to shoot theirs. But as far as hunting I like to keep it really quite, and peaceful. So I pretty much only archery hunt. I feel much more apart of the hunt also. Which I don’t have when hunting with a firearm.

Comment

Forgot what silence sounds like.

Comment

The suppressor made a huge impact on my daughters accuracy. Way to nice to shoot.

Anyone got advice for the best barrel threader in the Houston Austin Victoria San Antonio area? Need to fix my 270 and 300

Comment

I prefer the THUD of a suppressor kill....

Comment

Love the sound of a rifle big rifle, part of the reason I got the 7 mag. Much like I love the sound of the 30 mm on an A-10 Worthog....I also really love the sound of an arrow being drawn back, the click of my release, the thwack of my arrow on the deer, and the sound of that first breath I take after releasing the arrow and the deer drops.

All great, in their own way.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                    The “thuD” that the bullet makes when hitting a critter shooting suppressed is way better than the “pow” of an obnoxious unsuppressed firearm. Just saying......
                    Truth! And with the added bonus of being able to keep hearing other stuff too!

Comment

Working...
                    X