Who just digs that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    You are kidding yourself if you don’t think you are damaging your hearing shooting a high powered (especially magnum) rifle with no hearing protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I am so glad you were shooting your rifle that day at the lease and I got to hear the difference. I appreciate the help you gave me in getting my suppressors. It really makes a difference for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
      What did you say? I can’t hear you

I hate the ringing afterwards, when I forget to put ear gear on
      Then one day you go out and shoot something and the ear ringing never goes away it just haunts you for the rest of your life. If there was one dumb thing I could fix in my youth that would be it. Had tinnitus since I was probably 16-17 and it SUCKS.

Shooting unsuppressed sucks big time and will ruin your hearing. Wear ear pro when you can it is worth it I promise.

And like mentioned above the sound of a suppressed round hitting meat is the greatest sound on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        Then one day you go out and shoot something and the ear ringing never goes away it just haunts you for the rest of your life. If there was one dumb thing I could fix in my youth that would be it. Had tinnitus since I was probably 16-17 and it SUCKS.
        I was at a friends party once and everyone brought their skeet throwers. Tons of people shooting. I didn't have ear pro, so I didn't go outside, but this one guy had his toddler outside with him, blasting away with a 12 gauge (along with everyone else), neither of whom had ear pro. Pretty sure he subscribed to the "toughen your ears up" mentality. And I'm pretty sure that kid won't be able to hear by the age of 10.

Comment

After watching the social isolation, frustration, and depression that hearing loss brings in family members I’ve become serious about ear pro. 100% always no matter what.
          I think I have some hearing loss from running. A chainsaw full days as a kid but I’m keeping what I got.
          I’m also a gear head and there are so many cool options for noise canceling, hearing enhancement, Bluetooth, etc. that I’ve got more headsets than I can deal with now.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
            I was at a friends party once and everyone brought their skeet throwers. Tons of people shooting. I didn't have ear pro, so I didn't go outside, but this one guy had his toddler outside with him, blasting away with a 12 gauge (along with everyone else), neither of whom had ear pro. Pretty sure he subscribed to the "toughen your ears up" mentality. And I'm pretty sure that kid won't be able to hear by the age of 10.
            Pretty sure I made my dog deaf from taking him to the dove fields.

Dang ankle biter used to earn his keep alerting me of people coming to the house and now he cant hear you beating on the door

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I would love to have a suppressed rifle eventually. But I don't know much about them yet. I think the my concern about the cost has discouraged me. Also, where do find sub sonic ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
                I would love to have a suppressed rifle eventually. But I don't know much about them yet. I think the my concern about the cost has discouraged me. Also, where do find sub sonic ammo?
                A "suppressed rifle" just needs the barrel threaded for a suppressor, most ARs are already threaded and ready to go. You aren't required to use subsonic ammo, and most probably don't (I don't unless it's .22 or super heavy .458 bullets). It still has a significant dampening effect.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh the smell of burning gun powder early in the morning. Caliber don't even matter as long as I can smell it

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                    The “thuD” that the bullet makes when hitting a critter shooting suppressed is way better than the “pow” of an obnoxious unsuppressed firearm. Just saying......
                    This is where it's at for me.

A little recoil reduction, no muzzle blast and the THUD of contact when shooting suppressed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      Pretty sure I made my dog deaf from taking him to the dove fields.

Dang ankle biter used to earn his keep alerting me of people coming to the house and now he cant hear you beating on the door

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                      It's called selective hearing. All dogs get it. Just don't crinkle a tater chip bag. They can hear that sound from 2 miles away and immediately start drooling.

Comment

The “thuD” that the bullet makes when hitting a critter shooting suppressed is way better than the “pow” of an obnoxious unsuppressed firearm. Just saying......
                        This! Suppressed = easier follow up shots and capability of taking more critters.

Comment

I’ve never hunted with ear protection. Or suppressors.

Comment

I've got a suppressor on my AR, but I'm not sticking one of those ugly suckers on one of my bolt guns or my single shot. I wear ear protection even when hunting. I've forgotten my ear protection once with my 6.5 PRC and the muzzle brake on my Mesa nearly blew my hat off. I've forgotten my muffs once or twice since then, but when I realize it I just decide I'm not shooting.

Comment

This right here is way more satisfying

Comment

could not agree more.

Love me some peeeewwwwww...............thump

Comment

Working...
                                X