AMMO PRICES and AVAILABILITY - UNBELIEVABLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    I think they are called entrepreneurs. Don’t like the price, don’t buy. It works every time.
    An entrepreneur would start their own company and manufacture ammunition. A guy waiting on an academy truck so he can buy up a bunch of crap he don’t need to make a few dollars is just an *******.

Comment

It’s not just ammo. I’m floored by how empty the firearms section is at Academy as well.

With ammo manufacturing, the demand is there, but the capital requirements, liability, and inability to get funding creates a difficult barrier for entering the market- from this country. To be successful one would have to find a country outside the US for manufacturing and most likely banking.

Comment

Was in a shop and two guys were buying 22 caliber reloading bullets and you could tell they were confused, the guy running the counter asked what they were looking for and they wanted 22 ammo, but couldn’t tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
          It may be pure capitalism but if it was people flipping baby diapers, baby food, and water for outrageous prices I feel like you’d have a problem with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Nope, I'm prepared. Just tired of whiny babies complaining of the ammo shortage and prices. Need some ammo? Get in line at academy.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
            Nope, I'm prepared. Just tired of whiny babies complaining of the ammo shortage and prices. Need some ammo? Get in line at academy.

I hate to agree but he is right. You prepare for the bad times during the good times. I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who didn’t prepare. You should have learned your lesson in 2008, 2012 and to a lesser extent in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ammo has been cheap and plentiful since Trump was elected up until COVID and the riots. Plenty of time to have stocked up. It isn’t a crime (yet) to be in possession of several thousand rounds bought during times of plenty. We are not hoarders but even for those of us that prepared, practice rounds cannot easily or cheaply be replaced. I regret not having bought more. What seemed like an over abundant on hand supply can’t economically be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by onetondodge
                Y’all say these places need to ramp up production. Why? They are in the middle of a political nightmare. Why dump money into expansion when they could be shut down or taxed to death in no time.
                True

Comment

Expansion / new tooling / start up would take longer than the current rush will last...plus all suppliers of the 4 components would have to coordinate which is a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    I don't care what somebody charges for their stuff. It's called being prepared. Try it if you ever get the chance again.
                    Lot of truth here

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      An entrepreneur would start their own company and manufacture ammunition. A guy waiting on an academy truck so he can buy up a bunch of crap he don’t need to make a few dollars is just an *******.
                      Entrepreneurs also buy and sell. Plenty of folks buy stuff for cheap and sell stuff for a profit. Capitalism at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        I hate to agree but he is right. You prepare for the bad times during the good times. I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who didn’t prepare. You should have learned your lesson in 2008, 2012 and to a lesser extent in 2016.
                        Preach it!!!

Comment

I’d like to buy you a beer sometime!

Comment

AMMO PRICES and AVAILABILITY - UNBELIEVABLE

The lesson that should have been learned was that nothing happened. Lol. All the panic buying and hoarding is dumb. Buy what you need, stop living in fear.

Comment

Agree, I’m good on ammo but since I cannot get more easily my son isn’t getting the practice he needs. I’m about to go with a decent air Gun so he can shoot more.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                The lesson that should have been learned was that nothing happened. Lol. All the panic buying and hoarding is dumb. Buy what you need, stop living in fear.

Who are you (or anyone) to tell me what I “need”?

Comment

Working...
                                X