Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reasons NOT to build a 260 Rem for my daughter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    Not to hijack my own thread, but what are the REASONS people think the 260 ammo won't be available in the future?
    (Not interested in your gut feeling, but in reason).

I don't think it will go away. The CM has just become so popular that EVERYONE is making ammo for it. The 260 has enough of a cult following that it will always be around although it may be more "premium" or "boutique" type ammo.

Comment

I'd gamble on it being available. Lots of obscure cartridges still around. Look how many 22 cals there are and you can find ammo for all of them.

Comment

Also, on the 6mm Rem. I just looked at Ammo Seek and there is 6mm available from 5 different manufacturers.

Comment

Have built a couple of 260’s myself along with a 7mm08. They both perform about the same until you get wayyy out there. Mild recoil and decent ballistics for small cartridges. I took thisClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5777.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	24636314
          boar out this morning at 385 yards with a 260 Rem. He dropped like a sack of cement. 129gr nosler bonded LR behind H- 4831. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5776.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	24636315

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by sendit; 10-26-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
            Have built a couple of 260’s myself along with a 7mm08. They both perform about the same until you get say out there. Mild recoil and decent ballistics for small cartridges. I took this[ATTACH]1025232[/ATTACH]
            boar out this morning at 385 yards with a 260 Rem. He dropped like a sack of cement. 129gr nosler bonded LR behind H- 4831. [ATTACH]1025233[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang the cutters on that dude!

I’m hoping I can work up a good load for mine with the 129ABLR as well.

It has a pencil barrel with a 9 twist and won’t stabilize 140 class bullets; I mean not even on a 4x4 sheet of cardboard at 100 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mike, I bought the ones i have from the classifieds. Punched em right where I was aiming, i took the back straps out for some carnitas later this week. Exit wasn’t huge but it was jelly inside when i shook em. Again he dropped in his tracks. He was a good one to take out for sure!

Comment

Wow, don't see many with ivory like that.

Comment

So I had everything together for a while, and just now got it assembled.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20211223_152256.jpg
Size:	375.0 KB
ID:	24673044

Name:	20211223_152322.jpg
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	24673045

Name:	20211223_152624.jpg
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	24673046

Comment

That came out looking awesome!

How does it shoot?

Comment

Very nice rifle, great job. Good luck to your daughter with her new rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                        That came out looking awesome!

How does it shoot?
                        Haven’t shot it yet.

Comment

Had a .260, sold it, wish I had it back.
                          Have a Rem Model 7 and an AR10 in 7mm08.
                          Have a 6.5 Creedmoor.

For me, there isn't a discernable recoil difference between the three.

Unless you're going to teach her to reload, I would go for the 7mm-08 or 6.5 C because of ammo availability.

Comment

Beautiful rifle! I love the black action with the stainless barrel- stock is awesome also!

Comment

This gun sure turned out nice! I wasn't sure about the stock until the final assembly was shown. Turned out great! I kind of want one now!

Comment

That’s a great looking rifle and a great looking kid !

BTW Brute, the deer ain’t gonna know anything about ballistic coefficients, sectional densities, what exotic bullets are available that strike like Zeus. Your girl is just gonna keep shooting things and they are gonna keep dying. Congrats on a great choice !

Comment

Working...
                                X