X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9mm

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
      I agree here. I have a 10mm PCC and it is fun, but my 9" .300 is the better option for any hunting or even home defense. I try to practice mag changes and whatnot but the muscle memory for full size mags does not work for my PCC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      What PCC do you have? An AR platform can still be reloaded pretty quick

227 likes, 16 comments - maxamundi on March 24, 2018: "Reloads with @bkmiller556 magwell and @taylorfreelance +10 extensions"

Comment

I think this is going to be my next purchase. Can fit a suppressor under the forearm and be normal carbine length which is plenty for my needs. Take the brace off and put a real stock on it and sbr it and would be a great little home defense weapon and probably wouldn't be to shabby on pigs either within reason.

Plus Magpul is making 33 rounds stick and 50 round drum magazines for these this year.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on what you want it for. For plinking I would get 9mm for cheap ammo. If you want to run a suppressor I would run .45. For self Defense Tactical use I would get a 10mm.

I was going to pick one up, but ended up with a Sig M400 5.56 "Pistol"

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            I think this is going to be my next purchase. Can fit a suppressor under the forearm and be normal carbine length which is plenty for my needs. Take the brace off and put a real stock on it and sbr it and would be a great little home defense weapon and probably wouldn't be to shabby on pigs either within reason.

Plus Magpul is making 33 rounds stick and 50 round drum magazines for these this year.

This is precisely what I did. I skipped the whole AR pistol in pistol-caliber and got the above scorpion and I'm waiting on my can.

Comment

What 9mm bullet have you found that gets adequate penetration on a hog?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                What 9mm bullet have you found that gets adequate penetration on a hog?
                I haven't yet. But that is half the fun right? I have seen a mule deer does killed with a hornady ftx 115 gr at 35 yards. She went 40-50 feet and was down. Honestly though probably just be a home defense and play gun on the range but would still get used on the occasional pig or as a little brush gun

Comment

I haven't yet. But that is half the fun right? I have seen a mule deer does killed with a hornady ftx 115 gr at 35 yards. She went 40-50 feet and was down. Honestly though probably just be a home defense and play gun on the range but would still get used on the occasional pig or as a little brush gun

Perhaps a +P round for hog out of the CZ? I haven't tried any but read somewhere the Scorpion is rated for it.

Comment

For something that size I might consider 300 BLK over 45. Just my two cents. I have "pistols" in 5.56, 300, and 6.8. By far the most capable for hunting obviously is 6.8 but that round has lost a lot of its popularity. If you want a "system" I would go with whatever caliber Glock you have. I have a .40 sub 2000 and it never gets used, it's more of a toy.

Comment

I was in the market for a Scorpion last year but from what I found they have trouble feeding hollow point ammo through them for what its worth and I believe CZ also stated not to use HP ammo in them.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the 45 ACP from Foxtrot Charlie sold by Primary Arms. I have sent them a question concerning if there is enough clearance to screw a suppressor on the barrel. Their information does not say the barrel is threaded. Thanks for all the responses.

Comment

~
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's what i'm talking about!!!! Very Nice setup Sir

Comment

40cal here, was practicing some rapid fire drills when a fly decided to land on the target.
                              It didn't stand a chance inside the 10yd line.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X