Which AR pistol Caliber ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which AR pistol Caliber ?

I’m looking at buying an Ar style pistol. Question I’m asking is which caliber would you choose 9MM or 45 ACP. Both take Glock style magazines. I have both caliber ammo in stock.

40cal in the middle. More power than 9mm and less expensive than 45.

Comment

What barrel length are you wanting to go?
      Are you shooting suppressed currently or do you plan to shoot suppressed?
      Is it just a fun range toy or what will be the usage?

Comment

It will be mainly a play toy. I'm looking at a 7.5 inch barrel. I do have plans on getting a 45 caliber suppressor soon.

Comment

I went with the CMMG 300 Banshee in .45...if you are going to get a can & primarily want subs, then it's the logical choice.

Comment

If you just want a toy and plan to shoot suppressed and have it be uber quiet I'd get the .45 as 9mm subs can be pricey.
            If you just want a toy and and don't care about how loud it is get the 9mm as standard 9mm is cheap.
            If you might use it to defend your life and want a 7.5" barrel don't get either, get a 300BLK.
            If you might use it to defend your life and could make a 10.5" barrel work get a 5.56.

Comment

For plinking 9mm but for quiet or any kind of performance on gigs etc go 45

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                If you just want a toy and plan to shoot suppressed and have it be uber quiet I'd get the .45 as 9mm subs can be pricey.
                If you just want a toy and and don't care about how loud it is get the 9mm as standard 9mm is cheap.
                If you might use it to defend your life and want a 7.5" barrel don't get either, get a 300BLK.
                If you might use it to defend your life and could make a 10.5" barrel work get a 5.56.
                Yep.

I’d lean towards 9mm though.

Comment

Even though I have one, pistol caliber carbines are really kinda worthless. An 8” pistol or SBR in 300 blackout is much more versatile. Can switch from subs to supers with only a mag change and you’ll have much more energy with rifle cartridges than pistol cartridges (supers) as well as the ability to effectively shoot much further distances as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Even though I have one, pistol caliber carbines are really kinda worthless. An 8” pistol or SBR in 300 blackout is much more versatile. Can switch from subs to supers with only a mag change and you’ll have much more energy with rifle cartridges than pistol cartridges (supers) as well as the ability to effectively shoot much further distances as needed.

I agree here. I have a 10mm PCC and it is fun, but my 9" .300 is the better option for any hunting or even home defense. I try to practice mag changes and whatnot but the muscle memory for full size mags does not work for my PCC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                      I agree here. I have a 10mm PCC and it is fun, but my 9" .300 is the better option for any hunting or even home defense. I try to practice mag changes and whatnot but the muscle memory for full size mags does not work for my PCC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have a 10mm PCC as well. It’s fun and it is currently my home defense weapon (suppressed) but it still has a nasty report and I know it will go through several walls so I am re evaluating.

Comment

I have a 9mm and a 40cal....they are both useful tools to get lots of practice in since I have them set up identically to my 5.56's.
                        I can shoot them for a lot less money than plinker 5.56 and practice sight alignment/acquisition, engaging multiple targets...etc..
                        I went with 5.5" barrels and 9" rails on both of mine to tuck the can in on both...
                        very quiet and compact package for the range or home defense..whatever you choose.

Comment

147gr 9mm and 180gr 40cal both remain sub-sonic through my 5.5" barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I'm new to ar's but as I do with everything but as I do with everything went in double barrel. As I did my research this is what came to my mind.

Comment

For a toy, 9mm. Cheap to play with. I've been looking at the CZ Scorpion 9mm EVO though. No need for the brace / buffer tube. A bit pricey though.

Comment

Working...
                              X