Scope Education Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jason2547 View Post
    Have you looked at Locked&Loaded? There was another post a couple of weeks ago about their pricing. You go to their website and hit "email price". They send you a "custom" price that is the lowest I've seen. I did it and they sent me a price of $744 for a VX-5 (3-15) with side focus, CDS, and fire dot reticle.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has any feedback on the company. Their online reviews are mixed at best.
    I got this exact scope from them in the spring. It was a nightmare getting feedback from them and it took about 2 weeks to get the scope......but I got it for a great price. I was somewhat skeptical about it possibly being a fake. Called Leupold with the SN and they confirmed it was authentic.

It’s an outstanding scope and will get my recommendation every time

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
      https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018307589

I have always used Leupold and have been extremely happy with them. The link above is to the scope I would probably put on a 6.5 PRC if it were my gun. You will get a lot of input for different scopes but all I can tell you is that you do not have to break the bank to get a great quality scope for your rifle.
      And as far as reticles go, for me, the simpler the better, especially in a hunting situation. I like the Leupold Dot but also have stand fine crosshair reticles as well. All of my scopes that are on rifles which will shoot longer distance I have the CDS dial on them. Very simple, one revolution dial with a zero stop based on the ammo you are going to shoot in it.

I got the scope provided on this link for my APR 300wm build with the Impact 29 reticle. I got a better deal on it thanks to another member on here providing the info from Lockedloaded.com. I requested the email discount and it came out to $697 including shipping and no tax charge. The only thing is that they take 10 days to ship out but is expedited shipping, so you see your item after 3 days of receiving shipping tracking info.

You can also go on that website and they also have the VX5 and VX6 with good discounts.

Comment

Concerning NXS vs. HD5/6 glass, I currently swap between using both a NF NX8 and HD6 regularly and will say the VX6 18x is better glass out of the two. The NX8 supposedly falls somewhere between the Atac and Nxs and still would choose the VX5 for hunting purpose and clarity. With recent eye changes do to age, I've found the increasing need for optimal parallax adjustment which also in my opinion is less sensitive with the VX line in the field. These are opinions base on my individual eyes that I'm sure will be total subjective to others.

Comment

Which one is sending a free ball cap and sticker? All joking aside... I have always like Leupold... But I also like the Zebco line up on reels. I stick with whatever has worked well for me over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
            Concerning NXS vs. HD5/6 glass, I currently swap between using both a NF NX8 and HD6 regularly and will say the VX6 18x is better glass out of the two. The NX8 supposedly falls somewhere between the Atac and Nxs and still would choose the VX5 for hunting purpose and clarity. With recent eye changes do to age, I've found the increasing need for optimal parallax adjustment which also in my opinion is less sensitive with the VX line in the field. These are opinions base on my individual eyes that I'm sure will be total subjective to others.
            Dont worry youre not alone, and im a NF fan not a Leupold fan. IMO the NXS glass sucks, and the VX5 is two steps ahead.

Comment

For those also looking this is the quote I got from lockedloded.com:

Quote for:

Product: LEU VX-5HD 4-20X52 34MM T-ZLS SIDE FOCUS
              SKU: 171700
              UPC: 030317012793

Our special price for you is 1,281.08.

Looks like a pretty good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X