Scope Education Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    I looked at the VX-3i too. Figured there must be a noticeable difference between it and the VX5/VX6

Yeah the NF is 31oz compared to 23oz for the VX5/6. How does the glass compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VX5/6 have similar glass and coating but few people will be able to tell the difference. There’s a noticeable difference over VX3i and will be better than the NF mentioned and the Conquest scopes.

The VX5HD is very good in its price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
      The VX6 is top notch glass, any differences between it and the NF is negligible and probably not even noticeable to the human eye. I’ve shot the VX5/VX6 next to a Swarovski Z5 and IMO the VX was clearer and crisper than the Swaro.

NXS glass is mediocre at best. VX5/6 are both noticeably better.

Comment

I can't compare, but can tell you great things about the VX5-HD, I have one along with other Leupold products. This scopes makes its bones in low light, and looking into dense brush at distance. Able to pull a detail (an ear, hind quarter, etc...) out of a heavy back ground, you can find stuff and shoot it. As for low light, when too dark to determine if a deer at 125 yards is a buck or doe with the naked eye, this scope shows you detail clear enough to count points on a rack that you can't even see unaided. With the CDS dial I've killed stuff out to 350 yards three times in the last year with it. I don't abuse my stuff, but do hike 3-6 miles with it on my back, go over and under fences let it ride on the front rack of my 4 wheeler and with Warne mounts it holds a tight zero. On price and weight if it gets the nod over the others you are looking at, and you're after a hunting scope buy the VX5-HD.

Comment

Over the last decade I've moved away from Leupold but after reading this thread may have to seriously look at the VX5 and VX6 lines. Good info guys.

Comment

Scope Education Needed

I appreciate all the good info here. It’s looking like the VX5 may get the nod.

Comment

I appreciate all the good info here. It’s looking like the VX5 may get the nod.

You won't be dissappointed. I love mine.

Comment

Just saw a deal alert, VX6-HD, 3-18 x 50, Firedot reticle $1099.00

Comment

I have the v6 4-24 on my 280ai & love this scope...I also have a couple of the 3-18’s like the deal alert above & are sweet as well but the extra magnification is a nice addy
                  Last edited by Artos; 02-19-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

VX-6 with FireDot. Love mine for low light hog hunts.

Comment

Scope Education Needed

Where does everyone buy their scopes? I’ve used eurooptic in the past and they are usually the best price, but they’re back ordered.

Most other places are about $250 more.

Comment

Where does everyone buy their scopes? I’ve used eurooptic in the past and they are usually the best price, but they’re back ordered.

Optics Planet normally, right now Midway has a lot of their Leupolds on sale including the VX5 and VX6

Comment

I bought mine from Don's Firearms in Victoria, TX. He was cheaper than amazon/ebay/academy/basspro

I bought a VX5HD 3-15x44 with Firedot Reticle (get that reticle by the way, it's awesome) from Don's for $875 over Christmas. I have no idea if he would ship or not, very small local gun shop in Victoria. He wanted $825 for duplex or windplex and $875 for firedot.

Also, I started a similar thread back then as well if you care to see the responses I got. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=751459

I'm beyond happy with my decision, loving the Leupold VX5HD

Comment

If anyone else is looking. I haven’t used this site before, but they appear to have a brick and mortar store as well that’s highly rated and you can call to order. They seem to have some pretty good prices on VX5s.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Have you looked at Locked&Loaded? There was another post a couple of weeks ago about their pricing. You go to their website and hit "email price". They send you a "custom" price that is the lowest I've seen. I did it and they sent me a price of $744 for a VX-5 (3-15) with side focus, CDS, and fire dot reticle.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has any feedback on the company. Their online reviews are mixed at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X