Remington Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington Today

Seeing the tread on the ‘68 Remington got me to wondering about how Remington firearms are NOW. I know they hit a rough spot when Freedom Group bought them, but that was nearly 15 years ago.

I bought a Walmart special 700 ADL in 2016 or 2017 and have been thoroughly pleased.

So, anyone that has bought a new Remington in the last 5 or so years, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 02-16-2020, 10:50 AM.

Tagged.

Comment

Junk in comparison to the Remington firearms of yesteryear... Just talk to any experienced gunsmith if you can't see it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Junk in comparison to the Remington firearms of yesteryear... Just talk to any experienced gunsmith if you can't see it yourself.
        This man would know. He has a serious affliction that causes him to buy every BDL he can get his hands on within a 300 mile radius.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          This man would know. He has a serious affliction that causes him to buy every BDL he can get his hands on within a 300 mile radius.

Not "every"!!! There are a bunch of good old ones out there.. I get what I can.. Many yet to be had..

Comment

Not "every"!!! There are a bunch of good old ones out there.. I get what I can.. Many yet to be had..
            True, and I appreciate you leaving me the stragglers.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              True, and I appreciate you leaving me the stragglers.
              Hardly!!!

Comment

Hardly!!!
                Hahaha. Fine. Guilty here as well.

Comment

Not good speaking from the bolt action side of things. I haven’t worked on too many old Remingtons but the few that I have were better than most of the new (i.e. action face and lug perpendicularity with respect to the centerline of the action, thread concentricity and, the real kicker, action timing. Remington’s extraction timing has gone to hell in a hand basket. All of this happening while machines have gotten better. I personally think that the thought of the dollar is outweighing the pride of a job well done more and more everyday.

Comment

I bought a Remington ADL in .223 probably two years ago and it's the pretty close to if not the best shootin rifle I own. If my memory is spot on I went 63 consecutive rounds without missing a critter with it. Haven't had any problems with it at all as far as feeding issues or anything like that.

Comment

Bought a 700 CDL in 257 weatherby magnum. 26” fluted ss barrel. I am more than pleased with the preformance. Shells have actually gone down in cost.

Comment

Bought a new model 7 a few years back that didnt have extractor or even an extractor cut in the bolt.

Comment

Remington Today

Stick1 (Robert at APR) posted a while back that he has seen significant improvements in the quality of their receivers lately.

I have several 5R rifles and they all shoot lights out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Stick1 (Robert at APR) posted a while back that he has seen significant improvements in the quality of their receivers lately.

I have several 5R rifles and they all shoot lights out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Mike, I was trying to remember who posted that. I remember it... He was "truing it up" for a build, and hardly touched it...

Comment

I asked a gunsmith about them a few months ago and said that a lot of them are so bad that he can’t work in them to true them up. Has a stack that are junk.

Comment

Working...
                              X