No announcement yet.

Remington Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an adl in a 308 just as a simple do all rifle 3 years ago.
    I put a greyboe stock and a timney in it.
    Shoots cheap federal “non typical” 150’s touching each other at 100 yards.

I haven’t noticed any manufacturing flaws. No, not as well made as older models but the deer and pigs don’t mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
      I asked a gunsmith about them a few months ago and said that a lot of them are so bad that he can’t work in them to true them up. Has a stack that are junk.
      So how old are all of these?

Comment

I general I’d say they are junk now. You can still get decent ones every once and a while but overall I never recommend one to any of my customers. I do a lot of loading for customers and sometimes I can’t find a load that shoots sub-MOA.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          So how old are all of these?
          I didn’t ask. But I’m assuming probably in the last year or so.

Comment

Mine shoots great. Bought it in 2017. I did do the trigger and stock though.

Comment

No, I don't think I bought from Remington firearms in past 5 years.

Comment

Owned a bunch of Remingtons over years..They all been great shooters ...22s/shotguns/rifles...
                Haven't owned any in last 10y ...Thought I would try others.(give them a shot).Ruger /Savage/TC Encore/Marlin/Browning/BlackPowder too...still HAPPY..

Never owned a Winchester...just never did no reason...Shot plenty there ammo tho!

Comment

I have several but the newest one I have I bought in about 2005. The newer ones I have seen do not compare in my opinion to the Remington of old. Today, if I were looking at a new rifle I would look at something like a Tikka.

Comment

No thanks!

Comment

Their base guns like the 870, 700 and 11-87 are fine. The fit and finish isn't quite what it was but a once over with a file usually knocks of the burrs.
                      Actions I've done have only been out about .0005 - .003" on the 700s.
                      Most of the junk Remingtons I see come from Walmart which isn't entirely Remingtons fault. Walmart guns are not the same gun you get from the lgs. Walmart guns are SMU and are built to Walmart's specifications and price point.
                      The Versamax still likes to send charging handles into orbit but they send an improved "tactical" version that seems to work fine

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                        I have several but the newest one I have I bought in about 2005. The newer ones I have seen do not compare in my opinion to the Remington of old. Today, if I were looking at a new rifle I would look at something like a Tikka.
                        Watch what yea say, you can buy a t/c that shoots better for a 175.00. So I was told on here.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Junk in comparison to the Remington firearms of yesteryear... Just talk to any experienced gunsmith if you can't see it yourself.
                          So you’re the one that beats me to all the older 700’s! I have an addiction to them as well, in my opinion they are far superior to the newer ones. Do you have a hard time finding them in short action?

Comment

Hard pass

Too many better options out there at a similar price point

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                              Watch what yea say, you can buy a t/c that shoots better for a 175.00. So I was told on here.
                              Here goes my TC story, again:

I bought a Venture in 30-06 a little over a year ago. I got a load made for it and it shot GREAT. I had it a few months and noticed some difficulty when working the bolt. Turned out the bolt stop had broke.

I called TC and they charged me $20 for the part and shipping and said it would be here in a week. Two weeks later, nothing, so I call back.

“That part is backordered.”
                              “You still make this rifle right?”
                              “Yes but our replacement parts come from a different facility. We can’t jut go to the assembly line and get a bolt stop.”

Three months later I got the part, still got charged $20, and sold the rifle with a new bolt stop.

No TC for me.

Comment

I’ve held and shot many from cheap ADL’s to a 5R Tactical and all have been fine rifles. All of them shoot fantastic groups and are more than dependable. No complaints here.

Comment

Working...
                                X