Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

XD Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XD Hate

Why?

Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drop the mags in the sand and you'll find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        Drop the mags in the sand and you'll find out.
        After 10s of thousands of rounds fired, and dropping my mags in the sand/dirt/grass thousands of times, and never having a mag issue, I am going to have to say xd/xdm mags are at least as reliable as anything else out there. If they didn't work i wouldn't use them, I have sold guns very quickly if there were issues. In USPSA a gun that works it a necessity and a gun i have to fight with will be gone. That said, i don't say that XDs are the be all end all, but i do have ample proof that they work and work very well

Comment

Cuz gripzone hype was silly. I still can't believe they put "GRIP ZONE" right on the grip.

Comment

have three and no issues and pretty accurate too

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
              After 10s of thousands of rounds fired, and dropping my mags in the sand/dirt/grass thousands of times, and never having a mag issue, I am going to have to say xd/xdm mags are at least as reliable as anything else out there. If they didn't work i wouldn't use them, I have sold guns very quickly if there were issues. In USPSA a gun that works it a necessity and a gun i have to fight with will be gone. That said, i don't say that XDs are the be all end all, but i do have ample proof that they work and work very well
              You got lucky, several of my firearms instructor buddies have seen many, many, many XDs crap the bed when they get grit in the mags.

They are good shooting guns and they feel good but the overwhelming track record under hard use is they tend to not work so great.

Edit to clarify- the issue is with the mags themselves, not necessarily the gun. But can't really run the gun without mags...
              Last edited by Jspradley; 01-10-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Never had any trouble out of mine just don't care for the high bore axis. Sold all of mine, Glock fan boy here.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                  Cuz gripzone hype was silly. I still can't believe they put "GRIP ZONE" right on the grip.
                  How else will you know where to grip it?

They should have stamped the muzzle crown "Shooty Zone"

Comment

You got lucky, several of my firearms instructor buddies have seen many, many, many XDs crap the bed when they get grit in the mags.

They are good shooting guns and they feel good but the overwhelming track record under hard use is they tend to not work so great.

Edit to clarify- the issue is with the mags themselves, not necessarily the gun. But can't really run the gun without mags...

This is the problem, everyone knows someone who said or some such. I have actually done. I am not a XD/XDM fanboy or anything and would quit using them in a heartbeat if they didn't work, but they do. I have seen every brand of gun choke, but IME the xd/xdm series is at least as reliable as any thing else out there. But I have just done it, not heard it, so i probably don't know what i am talking about.

PS i have had several xd/xdm series guns and all have been gtg, so i don't have just the one that works haha

Comment

They should have stamped the muzzle crown "Shooty Zone"
                      That would have been awesome

Comment

I totally get where you are coming from but I don't mean I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who read it on the internet. I got my info from people I am very close with who are professional firearms trainers who make their living doing that stuff and see hundreds and hundreds of various guns every year shooting millions of rounds. When they tell me "Almost every XD we run in class craps the bed when the mags get dirty" I listen.

In that case I don't need to make an investment just to say I "did it myself" when I have legitimate professional experiences to pull from.

With that said I did own a 1st gen XD-M .40 for a while that ran fairly well (not great but much better than the 1st run Glock G17 4th gen I traded for it, lord that gun was garbage) but even then I never ran that particular one hard.

Comment

Owned several along with Glocks. I've never had a single issue with any of them. I prefer Glock personally but only because I don't like the grip safety on XD. I'd carry either one with total confidence. It's a Ford/ Chevy debate. Everyone has their favorite. And usually stated by guys that shoot 50 rounds a year. Lol

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Come on guys. If your an xd fan you must not clean it much. It absolutely sucks. Takes 10 times longer than Glock. Lost one for about a yr in a rv. Dry conditions. That sucker was more rusted than a pipe fence. Wouldnt operate at all. Seen worse on glocks and still function. Im hard on guns and i have less issues with glock. But to each his own. While were at it lets argue about 1911.

Comment

Because Springfield ****ing sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X