No announcement yet.

XD Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son is the xd guy in the family. His is in 45acp and has never had an issue with it.

It is his ccw and does attend training classes with it also.

I’ll have to ask him about the magazine issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

XD Hate

I was always put off by how they initially marketed them as “Springfield USA” with an American flag in the background (if memory serves correctly) yet had them made in Croatia.

I remember asking a new proud owner where it was made and he reapplied “USA, it’s a Springfield” followed with a duh.
      So their deceptive marketing worked in his case.

I’m not saying the quality of the firearm is lacking because of its country of origin, just didn’t care for the perceived sneaky ness of their advertising.

I’ve only shot one, it felt like a expectedly loose battle pistol to me. Nothing wrong with it, I’ve just chosen other options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by DaveC; 01-10-2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

An XDs in .45 was my carry gun for two years. Carried much, fired little, but never failed to perform. In that two years the only cleaning done was to blow the dust off. I switched to a Shield in .40 just because I like the grip better, but now carry a full size M&P. I never really liked the larger XD guns but it was aesthetics more than anything else.

Comment

Grip safety is my biggest issue. Tried the original XD and a XDM, same results. Grip safety just didn’t work for my hands, and prevented me from operating the gun effectively.

The decisions Springfield has made as a company, are also a very large turn off for me. Not full on boycott mode or anything, but a product would have to be pretty much perfect for me to consider buying it.

The reliability issues I’ve heard of, just add to the list of negatives.

I also think the mod 2 grip zone branding is silly.

Comment

carried one for 10 years now, seems to still do the job

Comment

Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge
              Love hate relationship.

Comment

So reading some of these post, i want to address a few "issues" remember i am not a fanboy just someone who has tremendous experience with this line of pistols and use them because I have had positive experiences and feel that changing to any other plastic gun would be a lateral move, not really an improvement.

1 grip safety: if you don't like them or really have an issue depressing them, cool this is not the gun for you. But to say that the grip safety is some huge flaw is simply not true. I have to pin the grip safties on 1911s, bit never missed the grip safety on the xd/xdm guns

2 Springfield sucks. I am fine with and understand it to an extent, but to be consistent you need to think colt, smith and wesson and ruger suck. If you won't own those guns either then you not a hypocrite,but if you do, well....��

3 cleaning is hard: yep,it is harder than some guns, but not overly difficult, but yep, harder

4 Springfield tricks people with marketing. Well maybe, but so does everyone else. But yep, it is annoying

5 bore axis: well the much vaunted sig,cz 1911, all have higher bore axis and most don't gripe about them. Also when shooting on a timer you learn bore axis really doesn't matter, training does....

6 personal gripe: weight, they are too heavy for a plastic gun.

So there you go, and this is from someone who has put more rounds through the xd/xdm series than most people have shot through all their pistols combined. And i don't only like xd/xdms i like 1911, berettas, glocks, rugers, smiiths, etc. Just shoot the xd/xdm guns the most :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  So reading some of these post, i want to address a few "issues" remember i am not a fanboy just someone who has tremendous experience with this line of pistols and use them because I have had positive experiences and feel that changing to any other plastic gun would be a lateral move, not really an improvement.

1 grip safety: if you don't like them or really have an issue depressing them, cool this is not the gun for you. But to say that the grip safety is some huge flaw is simply not true. I have to pin the grip safties on 1911s, bit never missed the grip safety on the xd/xdm guns

2 Springfield sucks. I am fine with and understand it to an extent, but to be consistent you need to think colt, smith and wesson and ruger suck. If you won't own those guns either then you not a hypocrite,but if you do, well....��

3 cleaning is hard: yep,it is harder than some guns, but not overly difficult, but yep, harder

4 Springfield tricks people with marketing. Well maybe, but so does everyone else. But yep, it is annoying

5 bore axis: well the much vaunted sig,cz 1911, all have higher bore axis and most don't gripe about them. Also when shooting on a timer you learn bore axis really doesn't matter, training does....

6 personal gripe: weight, they are too heavy for a plastic gun.

So there you go, and this is from someone who has put more rounds through the xd/xdm series than most people have shot through all their pistols combined. And i don't only like xd/xdms i like 1911, berettas, glocks, rugers, smiiths, etc. Just shoot the xd/xdm guns the most :-)
                  Agreed 100% with all of this, most of those criticisms are silly.

The grip safety is a minor beef for me, it's just redundant but not really a valid criticism.

My only actual gripe is the mag issue, which puts them out of the running for me, maybe they've worked it out on the newer ones, I hope so because other than that the guns shoot great.

Comment

I won’t say hate but I think some lack of popularity is there aren’t as many options to customize/upgrade them. I’ve owned a couple and didn’t get rid of them because they didn’t shoot well. Just was never blown away either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The more i think about it, it seems at one time,maybe with the early xdms there was a mag spring issue. None of my very early xds or my later xdms had the issue though so i can only report what i have experienced, which is 100 percent magazine reliability with all my xd/xdm series guns. But i do think my xdms were not the earliest runs, so i could have dodged that one. And my mags hit the ground all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                        I won’t say hate but I think some lack of popularity is there aren’t as many options to customize/upgrade them. I’ve owned a couple and didn’t get rid of them because they didn’t shoot well. Just was never blown away either.

Out of curiosity what are you looking for that you can't find? I know you can get mag extensions, magwells, sites, one of the best if not the best trigger on a plastic gun, barrels, compensators, Etc. The only thing I have issues finding is a dadgum holster. Being a lefty and shooting and XDM makes holsters scarce. And I'm not trying to convince you to buy an XDM, just wondering cuz I hear that you can't get accessories for these guns fairly often and I'm wondering just what some people are looking for

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                          Out of curiosity what are you looking for that you can't find? I know you can get mag extensions, magwells, sites, one of the best if not the best trigger on a plastic gun, barrels, compensators, Etc. The only thing I have issues finding is a dadgum holster. Being a lefty and shooting and XDM makes holsters scarce. And I'm not trying to convince you to buy an XDM, just wondering cuz I hear that you can't get accessories for these guns fairly often and I'm wondering just what some people are looking for

I’m actually not looking for anything and I actually think they are good guns. Just the aftermarket for them isn’t near as plentiful as say glock, M&P. I’m a big fan of CZ’s and there are lot of parts and accessories available but not nearly like the glocks and m&p. The OP asked why the hate for Springfield and that was purely my 1 opinion of why I thought they weren’t as popular as some others.
                          The competition game for stock guns or mostly stock guns glock is #1 and M&P distant #2. The other manufacturers are just sprinkled in after that. For the record I’m not a Glock guy either.

Comment

No hate here. Good guns, just not for me. I think a lot of it just comes from Springfield taking a pretty good sub $300 dollar European gun that had been around, slapping their name on it, raising the price and marketing it as innovative and original. It was a great move on their part. They have to make a killing off that line.

Comment

Mine isn't the most accurate pistol I own, but it is still my second favorite

Comment

Glock and XD both good. I pick XD.

Comment

Working...
                                X