Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 win mag

Comment

I have a 300 RUM but wish I had the 300 Win for ammo availability and price. I think it is a good all round caliber. Can't go wrong with 7mag or 338. Good luck on the search.

Comment

A 30-06 with 180gr Powermax will drop anything that breathes, you can get fancier if you want too.

LOL, I thought “larger caliber” meant you was steppin up to Big Bore.

Comment

A .338 Win mag and either 200 grain Partitions or maybe 250's.

Comment

300 win mag. It hits a sweet spot.

Comment

Some of yall are recoil junkies

Comment

.338 win mag or .375 h&h. In either a nice wood stocked win mod 70 Alaskan. Been chomping at the bit wanting one of these for years but just can't make myself take the plunge just yet. Throw a low power scope on it and thump anything on Earth with it. And be one helluva pig thumper to.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

338 win mag since you listed the bears...assuming you want to cover brown and grizzle.
                  7mmRM or 300 WSM can handle all the hooved animals you listed and black bear.

Comment

No reason to go with anything other than a 300 win mag. It will do everything you want, readily available ammo and not too bad recoil wise. As robert said earlier its not the cool thing right now but its still the best around for your purpose if your not hand loading.

Comment

.300 wm

Comment

No one has any love for the 45-70??? Ruger #1 or a marlin stainless lever gu

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                          338 win mag since you listed the bears...assuming you want to cover brown and grizzle.
                          And there it is, we’s at Grizzlies. Might as well lock the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
                            No one has any love for the 45-70??? Ruger #1 or a marlin stainless lever gu
                            Great cartridge and plenty of power available, but the rainbow trajectory would put it low on an all round type list that the OP seemed to be looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                              There’s nowhere you can legally hunt brown or grizzly bears unguided as a non AK resident. Hunt prices are in the $20-$30k range. It’s not something you need to “have a rifle ready in the safe for” in case you just happen to go one day.

FWIW, one of the most experienced brown bear guides in the business said there’s nothing wrong with a .30-06 and a 200 gr partition.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                                There’s nowhere you can legally hunt brown or grizzly bears unguided as a non AK resident. Hunt prices are in the $20-$30k range. It’s not something you need to “have a rifle ready in the safe for” in case you just happen to go one day.

FWIW, one of the most experienced brown bear guides in the business said there’s nothing wrong with a .30-06 and a 200 gr partition.

He is day dreaming go big or go home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X