Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    Ruger 77/17.
    This!! I love mine. Jard trigger. Threaded. Feels like a centerfire. Not a cheap rimfire like they normally do

Comment

Love my savage 17HMR. It is cheap to shoot, and a bunch of fun. Not to mention, it is a tack driver. It’s the first savage I’ve owned, because I’ve always equated savage with cheap. I have been super impressed with it. Dig the Accu-trigger. Lightweight Varmint Thumbhole Stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The heavy barreled one at Walmart with an upgraded rifle basix trigger because it’s cheap and shoots well.
        Last edited by Beards&Spurs; 02-28-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

A .223 bolt gun cause they don’t cost much more to feed and have more smackdown.

Comment

Savage 17wsm at hundred less than dime group

Comment

Have a marlin 17 hmr and a Remington BDL classic in 17 Remington. Absolutely love the gun and it shoots great!!

Comment

Red rider, 650 shot repeater with a compass in the stock

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I love my savage .17HMR. Great price too
                  Yep, I have had two of them, both have been great rifles. The stainless, bull barrel, gun I have now with the laminated thumbhole stock is a lot of fun to shoot.

Comment

This is my current 17 Savage 17 HMR. With the original Boyd's stock then with the new stock. The Boyd's stock looks great, but caused my right hand to cramp when I shot the gun more than 30 rounds. Something about the shape of the pistol grip, does not work with my right hand. The stock I replaced the Boyd's stock with is very comfortable.
                    That target was done with CCI ammo I think. My gun does not like the Hornady ammo as much as the CCI, definitely more accurate with the CCI ammo. That was 100 yards, no glass bedding and a stock trigger. The gun needed to be glass bedded with the stock Boyd's stock and needs to be bedded with the stock I have on it now. I have a glass bedding kit. I have two rifles I want to bed the actions. I am also going to replace the Accu trigger, I am not a fan of them I found a company that sells a trigger that looks more like my style of trigger. I am going to do that when I take the stock off to bed the action.
                    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 03-08-2019, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Best bang for the buck, utilitarian, cheap= Savage, Marlin, NEF, Ruger American

Ruger 77/17 is way over priced for what you get, look at a CZ for a great mid priced rifle.

I chose Anschutz and Cooper for my higher end factory 17's.

Comment

The 17 hornet all the way. I’ve had the hmr, bmag & the hornet. Since I got the hornet, I traded the hmr for the taxidermy work on deer from last season & the bmag sits in the safe.

Comment

Get a Cz527 17hornet and be done with it.

Comment

Factory Ammo 17HMR or 17 Hornet.

If you want to reload there’s tons of wildcats and I would start with the 17 Hornet Ackley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another vote for Savage. Most accurate gun I own

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

CZ 527 Varmint 17 Hornet

Comment

Working...
                                X