Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Winchester Model 70 Fans In Here? Post them up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a red-pad Featherweight they want to part with?!?!?

Text me @ 254/459-258four

Comment

Here’s the gun I’ll be using this fall for elk. Model 70 XTR Featherweight in 30/06. Made around 1982. Put in a new trigger spring and it’s a crisp 2 lbs pull. Shoots great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]1115981[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1115982[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1115983[/ATTACH]

I bought a Model 70 from Trophy8 on here and had West Texas Ordnance build me a 338 Winchester Magnum with the action. They trued the action, installed a SpeedLock kit, Timney trigger, Preferred barrel and Mcmillan Varmint stock.

Very accurate and easy on the shoulder.

Comment

First one is a 220 swift second a ‘32 rebarreled to to 25-06.

Comment

we have 3 pre '64 all in 270. My great grandfather bought all 3 together and gave 1 to my granddad and one to my great uncle. great grandad and uncle both past but we were able to recover both to keep them all together. They are willed to me and one day I want to have them redone to continue passing them down.

Comment

300 WSM and 3006.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon123 View Post
                Anyone have a red-pad Featherweight they want to part with?!?!?

Text me @ 254/459-258four
                Anyone?? I had a guy text me with a 7mm-08 and I accidentally deleted his message!

Comment

Have owned a few! They are very nice guns!

Comment

Finally got mine to get started on. Mid 90’s stainless m70 Laredo someone barreled it in 7RUM and it was terribly done. Dropped it off at the gunsmith after Christmas and I’m having it barreled. Going with a Shillen stainless 1-8” 7 mag. Going fast twist so I can run the 175-190 bergers.

Comment

M70 XTR Featherweight in the caliber Jack made famous.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one in 7mm WSM... 270 WSM and 300 WSM... 7mm WSM has killed a bunch of deer

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Always liked the 70 but was never lucky enough to own one that would shoot under about 2" at 100 even with handloads. I think the barrels were just not that good. I loved the action and safety, overall balance and feel. I have a buddy that has a RMEF .264 with composite stock and we finally got him some handloads to group under an inch with medium weight bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Always liked the 70 but was never lucky enough to own one that would shoot under about 2" at 100 even with handloads. I think the barrels were just not that good. I loved the action and safety, overall balance and feel. I have a buddy that has a RMEF .264 with composite stock and we finally got him some handloads to group under an inch with medium weight bullets.
                            I feel the same way.

Comment

Working...
                            X